1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sharon8, Oct 7, 2013.

1. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Agreeeeed!
    Three cheers to a progressive MIL.............

Except point 3 of OP about her MIL which is weird, I think everything is fine.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are many healthy food options for take-out or eating out. Restaurants and catering services have realized that more and more people are becoming health conscious.

Refrigeration and food preservation technology has improved tremendously. For many, eating the same dish for many days is not a big deal.

Nothing weird. Just regular talk among people related by marriage.

1 person likes this.
  3. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Your Ils seem quite unusual. I think they simply don't like cooking and find ways to avoid it. There is nothing wrong with freezing food, so I hear. Once you have frozen the food, the nutrients are preserved. I personally prefer fresh food.
    When your MIL tells you not to cook for her son, I guess she assumes that you are also a kitchen hater like her and she might be concerned about you. That's my analysis.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Sharon dear...enjoy your good luck. If you enjoy cooking...do that but if you ever feel like giving it a miss...you can order from outside without a tinge of guilt or fear of being hounded by MIL for it.

5. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Thn I am one of those wierdos, coz I cook food for a week and thn freeze it..

6. sharon8

sharon8 Senior IL'ite

Loads of interesting opionions! Thanks for your relpies ladies. I come from a family where we have three home cooked meals and my mother never has encouraged refridgerated food1 I guess its just a clash of cultures in different households.
    And for all you ladies who think that my mother in law is progressive, I think is as well, but only in a few aspects! If you guys read my previous posts you will know. Anyways, I have a cordial relationship with her and things seem to be going all right just now...

1 person likes this.
  7. sharon8

sharon8 Senior IL'ite

Dear Monita,
    My analysis on the other hand is that my mother-in-law might just be a bit jealous of my cooking and the fact that my husband enjoys the food! She has never cooked much for him at all even during his childhood. There are many common dishes that has never been cooked at his home when he was growing up ( stuff like idlis even) which I find odd, as I am so used to home cooked meals.

Anyways, I try to keep a broader mindset about it as different people can be different, and never discuss this with my husband or in-laws as already mentioned. I love to cook and try different things. My husband has been really sweet towards me in this regard and has always has nice things to say about my cooking!

2 people like this.
  8. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I can relate to this. Soon after I got married, I cooked rajma once, and no one in my ILs' family had ever eaten rajma before, they really liked it and my elder sil was so jealous. She said it tastes so good because you have to put lot of spices into it which is so not true.

1 person likes this.
  9. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

This is very funny. :)

OP, if you want to cook for your husband, please cook. But offer only frozen food to your MIL when she visits you. Everyone's problem is solved.

2 people like this.
  10. sharon8

sharon8 Senior IL'ite

Cool! I love your idea!