1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

At times, when your house and Kitchen specially is cluttered, unorganized and messy, what's your hubby's reaction?
    What's your reaction then? Please share.

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Quite simple. Whoever notices / acknowledges the mess helps clear it up. It is both our homes and we both and the child have to pitch in. There are days I roll my eyes at my husband's discarded socks and he retorts that they aren't untouchable. And there are days when he complains about open cupboard doors and I retort, you have the strength to shut them; try it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

My DH doesn't say anything if the house is messy and he takes the responsibility to clean it, because he understands that I may be not well as otherwise our house is always clean and neat.

4. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Well, for one my DH doesn't even realize the house is a mess. I roll my eyes at him, cos mostly he is the reason for it, and he starts cleaning grudgingly. Yeah, feels like handling a kid :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    rachaputi, songbird46, SGBV and 5 others like this.
  5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

TRY IT.... :roflmao:

I imagined you saying it... can't stop laughing

ShabnamF, SGBV and guesshoo like this.
  6. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

My DH and I like to have a clean efficient house. We have noticed that if the house is messy we just get into arguments/ we are unpleasant or fussy.
    While I was working and even being a SAHM I make an extra effort to keep things clean. With all the effort, on some days with an infant, days are just be unpredictable- lack of sleep or traveling. On these days if the house is messy my DH does his part to clean up his stuff in the least or doesn't roll his eyes.
    There are some typical behavior of mine and my DH which we keep complaining to each other- like I don't completely close the lids. Everytime, he finds one- he points it to me- so next time I am aware of it and take a min to close the lid tightly.
    The same way my DH forgets to switch off the lights/ fan from the room he walks out- that's when I point out and make him go turn it off.

7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

We are both not super organized or very efficient in housekeeping, though we try. When we are about to have guests, we run around to make the house at least a little presentable, by throwing all toys etc., in one room and hurriedly vacuuming.

Once in a while, I will get really frustrated with how cluttered and messy the house is and start banging things around, get irritated and snarky with everyone, and husband will get his cue to get up and do something about it. He will usually conjure a big cardboard box from somewhere and start tossing random stuff into it. During the process, my older DD will suddenly find a picture or some random knick-knack that none of us knew existed in the house suddenly be the one thing she had been waiting to find all her life. My younger DD will want to climb into the box and toss things out. So our focus will shift from cleaning to attending to the kids... and life goes on!

Our laundry situation got out of hand and we recently decided to outsource it in the interest of remaining married.

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:needed that laugh this morning esp after a glaring session with 4 hampers full of washed clothes which needed to be folded.:coldsweat:

SGBV and peartree like this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

DH's reaction: " The house looks like a tornado whirled through'
    My reaction: Text housecleaner
    DH's reaction: write check

ShabnamF, rai, SeekingMind and 3 others like this.
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Seriously, laundry has got to be the worst chore in a house! Especially when you have kids whose clothes seem to fit them fine on the previous day and overnight, they seem to have outgrown it. Every attempt at organizing the kids clothes has me stuck in this loop of separating clothes that don't fit anymore and hence put in a box, then not finding any clothes for daycare/school the next day, and as a result going back to the box... the cycle is endless!!

And then the tee-shirts husband finds from these random conferences and work events booths... they lose their shape after one wash and it can't be folded they way I want. Husband won't know to fold the way I want. That led to constant battles... so we now pay someone to fold it in whatever way they wish and we willfully ignore how it is folded.