1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Life without Achievement!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 19, 2015.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Akanskha, great post. There were days when I feel bad thinking what have I achieved in my life. Now, thanks to you, I have a list of achievements to feel proud about. Love your sense of satire and humor. I am thinking of nominating you to be the humor heir of Kamalji and Balajee.

I am very much in India, but I too feel life is dull and monotonous because every time I talk to friends, they have something new to share and I am like thinkingsmiley. What am I doing wrong:confused2:

3 people like this.
  2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Laks09, why no competition for cheerleading in the Indian diaspora? I had no idea that was an activity! Have you come across Indian parents cheer Indian kid cheerleaders?

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Yep, me done the filling buckets, utensils with water too!

The kids here brag about legos, star wars, how many push ups one did (apparently they can do 100s!!)........... All phaltu stuff compared to our filling water race :)

3 people like this.
  4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Akanksha...

A simple and nice post from you....I read what others had to say and was really interesting...so many perceptions and observations...I especially liked these two ones -

Lying to neighbor when the neighbor comes to ask for some yogurt, milk, salt etc - My neighbors are annoying...so I would happily lie :)

Lying on the phone, not receiving the phone, etc - I do that almost daily...LOL...my MIL most of the times :rotfl

5. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

wherever Indians go that is Moon or Antarctica , their habits,mind set never change like(wherever you go our network follow..hutch cellular)...May be you didn't meet those kind of people..One day you will meet those people and feel happy..

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, read your snippet yesterday and found it really hilarious. But what to do? My life got so exciting, I forgot I was about to reply to your post and went to savour the other excitement and in that excitement, I have now forgotten what it was I did yesterday instead of replying. :-D

1 person likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

life is not just any money as it can only take you to a limit.nothing even comes close to the feel "sense of belongng".if you do not get it where you are,life sucks.

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No idea. It is an activity here. Maybe it isn't in your district. I personally would have loved to go. I love to dance! Mine isn't remotely interested in anything to do with dance. Indian kids cheering, I haven't seen any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Since mine isn't in the activity, I seldom see the team.

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Human mind is the same whether one lives in India or US.What is wrong in verifying whether the neighbour has power? It is not that we are happy about it. It is just an information that if the neighbour has no power, it is general problem and it will be automatically be rectified, If the failure is in our house alone, we have to take special initiative to check whether is any problem in our front.

Comparison with other children exists equally in US. The parents feel jealous if the music teacher appreciates another child.
    SAHM go extra mileage to visit the teacher, attend to her home needs, do extra shopping for the teacher so that her daughter/son finds an opportunity to participate in special programmes.

Indian mentality in India perhaps is apparent due to scarcity of certain things here.If you are assured of 24 hrs water, no one will have tendency to store extra water.If public schools are as good in India as in US, people won't stand in queue throughout midnight to get appln for Pre Kindergarten class.
    This year they can file appln on line. Only satisfaction ,my niece didn't stand in the queue throughout night.
    But she was waking up the entire night and she could connection only at 5 A. M.

I had been to US many times on long trips and had occasion to talk to parents ,teachers or listened to their conversations often.
    I could come to a definite conclusion that human mind acts similarly under similar circumstances.India or US does not make much of difference.
    If all the people use cars, we cannot meet any one on the road.With flat system evolving, many people in cities in India do not even know who the neighbour is.
    Gossiping is not bad always.It may develop healthy competitions. We may have prior information of warning reg certain things which are not notified in public.It can enable one to get prepared for unexpected crisis.
    In today's world of advanced technology people know more even without meeting. The rumour talks that occupied the house pyols and prakarams of temples have taken another avatas of 'Chat, messages, Whatsapps and what not.
    World is just the same.
    I don't know whether the writer has any hidden implication in this comparison.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchitananda. It was written to be hilarious. But looks like people took it seriously and became defensive, both living in India and outside.

2 people like this.