Whats in your Inbox???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tweety, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi pals,
    Dont think that I am asking you a personal question, but as I open my mail I find the below kind of mails besides my friends mails:
    unknown mails(with or without attachments),
    Lottery mails(saying ur email is selected in lucky draw online)
    charity mails forwarded to us even by known persons (asking to forward as many as possible to rise fund),
    threatening mails asking to forward to N number or else bad luck,
    Think many of u have come across the scams,
    Today as I received one fund raising mail asking to help a paralytic husband, I searched in net and found this site giving all details about these scams and hoaxes. It is frequently updated with all the new fraudulous mails.

Inspite of my Spam Guard ON, I'm tired of getting mails from unknown frauds.
    Recently I am receiving Lottery mails even from Yahoo ids looking genuine, also from some African Banks even from Shell oil company.
    They say that my email id is picked online and i won in a lucky draw. All these ask me to reply some details.(Email Lottery Scams)(hey i am not that greedy to earn 1000000000000$ for just having an email account. So far i deleted those mails. but today i investigated and Forwarded the attachment to scams@fraudwatchinternational.com

Things we can do :
    1.Literate our friend who forward unknowingly those hoaxes by giving this link Latest Email Hoaxes - Current Internet Scams - Hoax-Slayer
    2.Forward any suspected mail from unknown to scams@fraudwatchinternational.com
    FraudWatch International currently protects over 50 million Internet users from known phishing sites.

Have a safe browsing!!!!!
    Regards,
    Tweety

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Thanx tweety for this mail:clap
    I know one of my known recieved such mail & forms from Singapur saying abt wining 1200 dollars & asked her to give the details & a form filled with 35 dollars DD she send it & than there was no reply .She lost 35 dollers.
    All these internet frauds are becoming too much.
    They lure person with free gifts which turn out to be nothing & most of time u looses ur money.

3. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jaishree,

Thanks for sharing that.
    These mails mainly target on our money. Nothing is free in this world. This is what we should bear in mind.

Also I am marking those IDs as spam:evil: instead of just deleting them so that i wont receive any further from the same id . What to do I am receiving a lot these days from some other IDs. :confused:
    Think they are getting my id from jobsites (am in jobhunt now!!!):rotfl

Tweety

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

Not only lotteries. also lucrative job offers. when you apply in one of the jobsites, your email id is captured i suppose. and then you get offers.. please think twice.. did you apply for that job. was there an interview....

There are forums where these scams are being analysed. so even check those...

be careful....

5. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,
    So far I did not receive any lucrative job offer mails. But you are right, spams can come in any form. Its better not to give out personal information to suspicious mails.
    Tweety

6. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Hi Tweety thanks for your info.This is a good thing to do to report about too much of scam.I am getting many job offers from Canada and USA,Uk.Never tried any of them.there is no use of reporting it as Scam in yahoo itself as it keeps on comming with diferent names.
    I will try to use the site u mentioned.This is a valuable info for every one.
    Thank you.
    Pammor.

7. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

To receive genuine mails in inbox!!!

Hi Pammor,

Thanks for your appreciation. All the best for your fight against spams.I'm very happy if somebody is benefitted by this thread.
    Ya as you said nowadays i'm also receiving job offers from UK, Australia.But never responded to any one.

Also the lottery scams are popping in different names.cleaning my mailbox is my everyday task..bonk

To receive genuine mails in inbox

I also notice that the genuine mails are coming in Bulkmails folder. If we store the mail id in our contact book, then the mails from those ids will be received in inbox itself instead of bulk mail. Most of us know this. But still wanted to My 2cents....
    :coffee
    Tweety