1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's happening?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Apr 14, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I was just browing IL and my mind picked on a particular thought that had been dwelling in me for quite some time. So decided why not write about it here.

Until few years (or just months???) back, I seem to have something to share always. There were things "happening". Its not big things like, getting new job, getting married, et al. But even small things, like "You know what happened in the bus today?", "You know what happened in my office last week?"... If somebody calls me, I always have something new to tell them, to have them occupied for few minutes in the conversation. But nowadays I have nothing. I just can't remember when this change happened?

I have been contemplating over it, what could be the reason?

First, may be because I am getting older, all these little things finished happening? For e.g., if I miss the train today at the last minute, its a new thing. I will explain my friend how I got ready in a hurry, how I ran to the station and how disappointed I was to see the train leaving. But after 3 or 4 occurrences, I don't bother, do I? So the exciting little things had become a tiresome repeated occurrences? Or simply those little things don't excite me anymore?

Second, no audience? For e.g., I can't share, "You know, I was watching a very good movie yesterday" to my colleague who would reply, "oh, Weren't you in yesterday? I didn't notice??"

Third - this just makes me sad - things just aren't happening?? Though it sounds harsh, isn't it true that there might be a phase in everyone's life where things just won't happen at all. To keep up the spice in life, we just make things to happen, sit and look forward to it, and share with others once it happened?. Like posting a blog and looking forward for the comments?. "You have to make things happen" - I have heard this sentence million times, but I always map it to some big things that we consider as very very important - like succeeding in a business, that kinds stuff.

Apologies for the blabberings. I am in a very strange mood today.

By the way, I just posted 18th chapter of "Love Thy Enemy" - and that ends the 2nd part. Looking forward for your feedback.. :)

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Very True my dear ILT

But for me this sort of feeling is just nowadays....while i was working i cant wait till i reach my office and share all such silly/small/big things with my best friend. On reaching it will be just the same for my friend...she will have lots to say to me. sometimes we both will have topics to discuss 24/7.

Sometimes...we meet in the bus and then our chattering starts there itself....we will be totally engrossed in our own world.
    [​IMG]

But after i have resigned my job and came over here....it is like i run along with the timings of my kids and dh. Nothing special to say to them....like i share with my friend/friends. Nothing new to let them know....I miss my job and friends then.

I met my friend when i recently visited India....she too feels that she is not able to share things with our other friends as she used to be with me....so she is feeling lonely at office without me around to talk with. May be age factor is playing a big game with us....

There are friends here too....but only formal talk...

Now IL has taken the role of my best friend...i am able to share whatever i feel like without any block in mind.

sorry for drifting off the topic ....i was just taken away when i read your blog.....

3. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> no audience

I think that this is a large part of it.

4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

ILT, very well written... You made the point

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tulips,

Cheer Up da!! You sound so down and that saddens me. It is just a phase and I too undergo such phases once in a while, but the best part is "This Too Shall Pass" and it sure does, the gloomy phase passes over and we become over good old cheery self.

You have a great audience here at IL and we all love your writtings so much.

Waiting for more cheerful posts from you :)

Akila

6. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Oh boy don't i know this from somewhere..

கொஞ்ச நாளாவே நானும் இப்படித்தான் திருதிருன்னு முழிச்சுகிட்டு இருந்தேன்.
    i used to write up ideas whenever i get them in my notepad for writing blogs.
    For about a month the list is stagnant and not getting bigger and when i sit down to write on it i think.

This? i want to write on this? what the hell was i thinking? what do i have to write?

Yeah.. take me in the club..:thumbsup

good one buddy:)

7. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi ILT
    you are being honest over here
    I can understand your feelings

cheers
    suresh

8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILT,

same thing here...For the past one week, I too think like this..Actually I wanted to write one short story before TI gets over..But donno why, I couldnt sit and write though I got the plot in my mind.This is really frustrating..Anyway I am keep on saying myself,'keep cool', this too is just a phase...

9. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Tulips...

You wrote what ever there in my mind dear...its true some days back I had loads to write and wrote...

Now, I hardly get anything to write...sometimes I used to think "I'm I bored of writing.." then again "No...not at all..."

I also feel...the audiance...may be some times yes and many a time no...

These days are very plain and normal...

Add me too dear :cheers

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILT

I thought only I feel like that, but surprised that you also sail in the same boat. Earlier I was a regular writer in snippets but of late I am not getting any topic to write and if I write also I dont get much fbs.

Here in blogs also the same story. Remember once you had told that I will soon reach 200 blogs and to reach that I wrote so many blogs.

Now since I am in Dubai there is something to look forward since my grand daughter is there to keep me busy and we go out and there are places to see. Now tomorrow I will be leaving for Mumbai then again back to the pavilion me and my dh and IL to pass my time