1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

whats for dinner tonite.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by raxxsach, Mar 3, 2011.

1. raxxsach

raxxsach New IL'ite

Once upon a time I was a happy child..no worries just fun and play .And yes I was a hog.loved to eat and always insisted for new and different Recipes..green vegetables were no no and so was the regular dal roti..but now the time has changed and what irritates me most my husband comes from work and asks ...whats for dinner? The kids as soon as they see me they ask for food and yes not to mention all of them have different likes and dislikes...and now i hate even the mention of food .three times a day and snacks too i guess we eat too much ...so my husband is back and friends gudnite again i am back to square one....cooking Dinner..

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

my whole hearted sympathies, raxxsach. i too am a major foodie. although initially i used to love planning and cooking for the next meal, the question "what should i cook" haunts me these days. it is so difficult to think each time what different dish can be made of the same beans, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, matar, cabbage, potatoes, onions ...

come summer, the varieties of veggies in the market are at an all time low and then the plight of the housewife is 10X worse. sadly enough everyone wants "something" nice to eat (me included :) ) but no one knows what exactly they want. ask them what do you want to eat for lunch/dinner, the answer is always "whatever you make". very sweet no doubt - very undemanding, very accommodative and adjusting and all that - but that has not solved my problem, it has only compounded it :drowning

3. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I can really understand it. When i was in school days i hate academic questions but now a days more i hate is what should i prepare for breakfast, lunch, snacks & dinner. That too when i prepare light food my hubby ll suggest me u shuld have prepared a hefty meal & when i prepare a grand course he ll say i dont feel hungry or he ll nt come for lunch bcoz of his meetings.
    I really feel god should have given a zipper in stomach so that v can open it dumb it as it is & as v like & close the zipper.

Cheers,

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Well ladies, no doubt you are more experienced than I am, but it is quite surprising to hear this from you, especially when there are reipes galore in IL, and Chitra Aunty!

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Raxxsaxh
    Before marriage it was "what to wear" ; after marriage it is "what to cook"...our problems will never end! :)

7. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Agreed 100% :rotfl

8. sanri

sanri Bronze IL'ite

.. i face same issue. My honey is happy with whatever i cook and never say anything even if he doesnt find anything ready when he is back....Though i am a very good cook and keep trying new recipes each day still its an issue most of the time "what to cook"