1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Whats for dinner today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Selvi, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes Vandhana, include me too while sending your yummy sounding dishes:)

Vidya, phulka with baingan bhartha is no less, less in cals and great on tastebuds. So hubby is eager about eggplants eh?:) I like them too. But what's with jeera H2O?...don't be so hard on yourself...a bit of bhartha would not have harmed, surely!

Sathya, don't know what I enjoyed more, your verses or your versatility with pachadis:)

Well, it was Paneer mutter, veggie pulao, beetroot raita and cauliflower eriseri for the weekend and a rasamalai for afters:).....S S S...it did taste yummy, even if I say so myself. Family was pleased. We all took an afternoon siesta after lunching and there was enough left overs for Sunday.

Hmm...today is another day...have to go check out the refrigerator for ideas.

Till laterz......L, Kamla

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    If it is about food, how can "me" be not there ?
    Dinner is
    French beans soup:icon_frown:
    Chopped cucumber:icon_frown:
    The above are specially for me to "fill up" so that I will not gobble extra helpings of
    Bajra Kanchipuram idli
    MW tomato chutney
    & ofcourse for V
    Date crumble with chilled custard.:-D

I L iteas are most welcome !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear dinner (d )ILites,

My,my I am getting creative! All of you are cooking so much, i am ashamed to mention my simple fares here.

Kamla- cauliflower erisseri, sounds absolutely fusion. Would love a recipe. Also that of mutter paneer,husband is a paneer paythiyam. I also bought rasamalai and we enjoyed it watching World cup. And, after all my grandiose claims of just hot jeera water for dinner, I did eat two phulkas and bartha,thanks to my husband.

Heena- they say hot water after a meal helps dissolve the fat and aids digestion.Since I am Mallu, I add jeera to it. I think it works for me.

See u at dinner time,girls, dieters, fasters,feasters, Selvi (where are you?)

ciao
    Vidya

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

aalu ka bhaaji
    baingan ka bhartha
    bolo ji bolo kya khaoge?

sathya

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Chithra,
    It is our pleasure that you joined this thread. I for one would luuv to know what's cooking in your kitchen! I see, you are counting cals too...good good. Even your french bean soup sounds very interesting to me, must say:) But it must be real hard to resist the idlis, bajra or other, for sure:cry:??

Coming to today's lunch, it was a quite simple but a favorite fare of my hubby...pappu...meaning...plain boiled thoor dhal with zuchini. All I do is season it with red chillies, garlic, jeera, mustard, curry patha and it is done. Believe it or not, my hubby can eat this every day...change the veggie if need be!
    Had green pepper poriyal, mor mozhaga (for me), thayir and banana. Bas!

L, Kamla

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Holla Vidya!

From the list I had given, I was particularly proud about the erissery! First of all, I am only now learning this word, was never familiar with it. Secondly, this was the first time I made the c'flower erissery after discovering it in a food blog. And you point out exactly to that:)
    What the say about 'great mind think alike' is maybe true, afterall?:mrgreen:

Here's the link...for your pleasure:)

Aroma!: ERISSERY!

Enjoy...L, Kamla

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi kamla,

The Erisserry recipe sounds really yummy. And it just so happens i have a big cauliflower sitting in my fridge. So am off to the kitchen to make it for dinner. I think it will go well with phulkas too .

Other than that i will probably end up making molagu rasam for tonights dinner.

Vandhana

8. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Woohoo!! I feel special, someone missed me.. :tongue

Now Mrs.CV also joined the thread giving out delicious menu, making me more envious.. My menu is always simple, most of the time some frozn stuff.. Last night was dosa and todays lunch was frozen paratha with channa..

Tonight... :bang

Lets see if I can steal any of ur menu item.. Will let u know tomorrow..

:-D

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kamla,

Made the cauliflower erisseri, was good too. Husband shivers when terms like erisseri and molagootal are mentioned cos of the coconut content added by his Mallu wife. This one earned universal appreciation. Hey, my husband fills up my universe:2thumbsup:

Selvi- you are always missed. But V pappa needs more attention than us now. Get back soon, tell him to grow up soon.

Last night, dinner nay supper nay meal was mor sadam and tangy lime pickle. I dined, slept and dreamed in gourmets heaven. Nothing to beat curd rice and pickle.

:)
    Vidya

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

inru...........................................................today.....
    ammavukku piditha akkaravadisal.....................mom's favourite akkaravadisal
    akkavukku piditha pachai pasel koottu............sisters favourite kootu all fresh
    athimberukku piditha idli milagaaipodi......brother.in.law..idli with chillipowder
    thambikku piditha chappathi kurma.................brother's fav chappathi kurma
    thangaikku piditha rasam beans curry.........y/sis favourite rasam beans curry
    pillaigalukku piditha keppai mor koozh...sonsfav ragi mormilagai mixed koozh
    thottukka vengaya vathakuzhambu...........with onion vathakuzhambu
    aathukaararukku piditha russian salad....................hubbys fav russian salad
    ..ponnukku piditha maanga ooruga..........mm.......daughters fav mango pickle
    natpukku piditha kalavai saadam.............friends fav mixed rice.lemon coco etc
    velaikku vanda jayalakshmikko.....................helper jayas fav..
    pidikkume filter coffee..........................................filter coffee
    il kku piditha menu card samayal...................il s favourite menu card contents
    niraindu thaan pogapogirathu.............................the kitchen is too full..!!!
    adupangaraye...
    ellorum veliye sendrirukka............................................with everyone away
    naano urayaddikkondirukken....................................im with the computer
    samayalaippathi..juice onru kudithukkonde...talking abt cooking..with a juice
    karpanai samayalukku................and for imaginary cooking
    gas aduppa venum?......................do you need a gas stove?

hahahahha

sathya