What you prefer?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by tejali, Feb 2, 2010.

1. tejali

tejali New IL'ite

You may be knowing both working women and non working women have plus and minus point.Some times job is very tensed or you have to work late hours.Staying in home doing household chores daily is also boring for well educated people.If your husband earning enough money what you prefer?Working or staying in home?

2. Alankritha

Alankritha New IL'ite

It depends on many factors...whether you want to work or not.
    If you are very passionate, then what ever is your partners income you need to continue working.
    If you are not very passionate and if your partners income is sufficient enouf then there is not point in working.
    If you are not very passionate and your partners income is not sufficent then you need to find ways if you can still stick to the same work or if you can change field.
    But, there is always necessity of income and money alone shouldn't be the criteria for working.
    Maybe be other ILites can elaborate much on this...:thumbsup

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

I prefer being a working women

But ofcourse times change and situatiosn change so cant really tell what might happen with me

* the husband needs to be suppotive and lend a helping hand in literally everything
    * in-laws need not be demanding type
    * you kid needs to have appropriate attention
    etc, etc

4. Shifasif

Shifasif New IL'ite

I prefer to be a working woman
    Bcos u wil have more exposure in life and more financial freedom
    although husband earns well, i wud like to have my contribution.

ofcourse it depends on many matters like, kids bringing up and like
    but if u can manage with all that, its gud to be a working woman

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    it depends upon the current situation & ones own priority.
    even as a teenager i had decided to have 2 kids & not to work till the younger one turns 5.i was very focused on famly & choose a career which will support me if need arises but will not become the focal point of my life.that spot is & will always be reserved for family.

when some marriage offer came for me i would always tell them about my view point.luckily my dh was also of same opinion.we agreed that we will compromise on financial aspect but never on family aspect.i worked for a year before having my son & then turned into homemaker.now my 2nd one is almost 2 .i have been at home for last 6 years.
    yes,i do miss my working women life but still i am going to stick to my resolution.these past 6 years there had been times when we faced acute financial shortage & myself suffered from boredom but in end deep thought always supported my resolution .being educated i never felt that one needs to work to pass time.i have seen to it that i keep myself busy.
    still at times one feel bad at having to stay at home but when i was working then also i used to feel bad about slaving 10 hrs a day.so i guess one is never satisfied.
    so,i guess i am going to end up having best & worst of both worlds:thumbsup
    pragati

6. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Our needs & desires change as per our circumstances,I think the decision of working or not working really depends on one's family circumstances,it keeps changing frm person to person. Since childhood,Iam very aggressive & focused,As a teenager,I always dreamt to pursue career in banking,once i finished my PG,i got job in an mnc bank in my first interview itself,then i decided to continue my job even after marriage,,now iam ready to take a break when my family needs my undivided attention.

How much my hubby earns doesnt really affect my decision bcoz more than for money i work to gain knowledge,contribute my income to my family & to be independent.No doubt,if women wants to go out & work, she has to have full support frm DH,In-laws & parents.

7. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hey Tejali...
    I dont mind working now...
    but ideally if I dint have to work...I would like to take up one of my hobbies and make it as profession...
    with no boss...I would also have flexibility w.r.t time!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010