1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What would you expect from your spouse on your B'day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SupriyaDinesh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Old Thread back.. with wonderful topic. Before marriage, I would receive lots and lots of gifts from friends and family. I love getting gifts, surprise gifts like teady bear oh god even today I love them. After marriage, thanks to God my birthday is 3 days after my DH birthday so he remembers. I ask him for 1 surprise gift, but he does not bother to give gifts. I am ok with it, as he is bought up where they donot celebrate birthdays. He does not remember his siblings birthday , so no expectations from DH. I plan my birthday. I shop for dress few days before, make hungama at home that birthday is coming celebrations should start, what should I do so much work and all.. i reserve dinner at restaurant. Actually I plan so nicely and enjoy so much J DH neatly dresses up for the restaurant and we have nice time together.. oh and ya I buy some gift for myself too :biglaugh..

2. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

I definitely want gifts for my DH.
    Before marriage ,he used ot do all the drama of sending me gifts on every small occasion ,even if i dint want .And to my surprise,he always managed to gift me per my liking and need.though we never had such communications.May be hearts clicked.

Now ..not on a single birthday after marriage ,he wd go out of way to buy me sppecial,they way i do.Infact ,wei fight on anniversaries ,birthdays that i do all the pain to dig up smthing special and needed for him and he never does.
    I definitely want him to have the pain and this time i clearly told him i want jewellary,nothing else.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all your replies.Nice to see this old thread alive again.

4. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

Before marriage he would send gifts or flowers for every occasion. My bday was never celebrated grandly bfore wedding and therefore expected that it wd be great life after wedding. Its gonna be 2 yrs of our marriage and for the bday that passedby, he gave me a gift in the midnight then whole day I was all alone at home, just waiting for him to come home a little early from his work. But he came on his usual time and started doing his workout for abt 2 hrs while I got so bored and hungry with tears on my eyes... Made me walk 2 kms at 8pm to reach an indian restaurant where the food was Very Bad. Came back home disappointed again walking all the way.

I was thinking that it was my bday and needed atleast some special attention but it was usual day for him.

well disappointment has become very common to me. I feel i shdnt expect but what to do am a human with some feelings in me

5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My DH will be the first one to wish me, he usually make's it a point to wish me just when clock strikes 12.00 and I make sure I dont go to sleep at that time.

Regarding gifts he ask's before hand what I want, so no surprises there.

He see's to it that I had a great day,(sooo.. sweet of him) we go to temple in the morning, and in the evening we go to any of my favourite restuarant.

6. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

I am married for 9 years, till date my dh hasnt even wished me on my bday, and i havnt received a gift not even a rose, it is only these past 2 yrs i haved stopped celebrating his bday, but i give him a gift, prepare his fav dish but no cake, and this year i did not wish him on purpose to see any regression, but no changes some human beings are only to them selves, anyways my friends to cheer me and dont let me down.

7. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

Last month i celebrated the first bday with my husband!
    I shud say i had a blast! my husband wished me at 12'o clock midnight! n on my bday..he fooled me saying that he gotta a last min meeting in the eve..so will be home late..i believed him n didnt complain..he was suppose to return home by 8pm...but suddenly..he comes jumping when i was in the bedroom with a icecream cake from coldstone creamery which s my fav! n gifted me a nice brown all weather jacket! i was so excited!!! he asked me to bring spoons from the kitchen downstairs..when i came down..i found a huge box in our dining room..that was a musical keyboard :) i was toooooooo excited!

we went out for dinner..:)

no idea how my bday wll be next yr since i will be a mom next yr...by now..lets see:thumbsup