1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What would you expect from your spouse on your B'day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SupriyaDinesh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Happy birthday Supriya............

Like most of us I also like surprise gifts.I always want my husband to remember that d day.Anice gift, a long drive and a lovely dinner in good hotel to round off the great day would be a wonderful bday as far aa I am concerned.

yours kanaka Raghavan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Re: What would u expect from ur spouse on u r b'day?

Belated Birthday wishes, dear Supriya!

3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Belated Happy B'day Supriya!!!:)

When it's comes to B'day gifts, i love surprises but as long as it's limited to a b'day cake, flowers or a card. Coming to the gift, i don't like anybody picking up a gift for me coz i'm extremely particular of my likes & dislikes. So, i would prefer to be taken out shopping so that i can pick something i like.

I've had one b'day after marriage & thankfully that's exactly what my husband did, surprised me at 12 in the night with the b'day cake & card & took me out shopping & for dinner the next day. Absolutely loved it!!!:-D

Cheers!
    Ragini.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  4. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi supriya ,

belated birthday greetings to u . coming to the topic I want my husband should be the first person to wish me . i want him to spend some time with me . that's all

bye
    anu

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Wishes Supriya,
    Interesting thread and very interesting answers.
    Women love gifts, specially if it's from their husbands. So that s one option..
    A surprise party or if he cooks for the day I ll enjoy it. Outing to ssomeplace we have never been too or a book wud make my b day complete..

6. naazneen

naazneen Junior IL'ite

Belated Happy Birthday Supriya,
    Nice thread. You know my husband is the same as yours he discusses every detail of what to do on the birthday. By detail I mean from the time he thinks he is in charge of celebrating it- i.e. when he gets back from work or morning before leaving. And get this for the first 2 yrs of our marriage he had my birthday on a "reminder calender" with "1 week to birthday" marked .!!! Duhhhhh!
    Anyways what I always appreiciate is not having to cook and him bringing home food as a surprise for me. Eat the food, watch a movie and sleep. Just relax. What can I say I have a 15 month old- I'm on my feet all the time. :)
    ~ N

7. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

Belated wishes supriya. As for me, i expect my hubby to spend some time with me on my B'day . I never expect any surprise gifts because he doesn't like to buy gifts without consulting me first:-( .
    radha.

8. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hope you had a wonderful bday Supriya!!! You made everyone think about their loving memories.. :-D

I always love to have surprise gifts.. My DH always surprise me with cake, sometimes flowers.. Gift would be there for sure (though it may be a dress which I wouldnt like and would exchange for something else :mrgreen: )

And quite soon Im gonna have my big 30th bday, so there will be something big I hope :wink:

:-D

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Interesting topic and nice replies
    I always only want to spend the evening of my birthday with my husband and son quietly at home. but sometimes we have to oblige family members and so have to go out etc.
    regards
    chitra:-D

10. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Supriya,
    Belated bday wishes to you. Hope u njoyed your day :-D
    Nice thread.
    I love Gifts :wink: My hubby pampers me even more on my bday. Not making food is for sure. We go out and eat in a good resturant of my choice. He gets a cake and flowers for me the prev day to start with. I cut the cake at 12. The next day if it's not a working day , we go for shopping. I buy gift of my own choice like jewellery/clothes etc. I dont like to buy any house related stuff as my bday gift. My gift is my gift and it should be exclusive to me .. ha ha :-D Any surprise gift is also welcome :tongue I also give him the gift as per his wish.