1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What would you expect from your spouse on your B'day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SupriyaDinesh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. suja6

suja6 New IL'ite

Re: What would u expect from ur spouse on u r b'day?

hi all,

after reading all ur opinions, i want to tell mine.

i think and believe that bday is a day in a whole year to express all our love,
    my husband remembers my bday with difficult... he starts a week before daily remembering once, as to not to forget on that particular day and on the day of my bday...he just wish me and goes to office., i feel desperate. i just expect a small rose or even anything which expresses his love to me. almost n every bday i feel sad. but every year i'll celebrate his bday... but he doesnt accept it.i dont know!!!!!but he loves me and cares me so much.....

do anyone come accross my situation? if so help me understand!!!!!!!

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

I love surprise gifts on my birthday. But my husband takes me for shopping on my birthday and would buy a birthday gift. That is his way and i got used to.

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Happy Birthday Supriya. Enjoy.

4. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Happy Birthday, Supriya.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Well,Shoba,Malathy ,Sindhuja, you are not an exception,I would say.

In my case,I don't expect but when a gift does come,it is definitely a plus.Till date,for the last 10 yrs,he has got me wonderful gifts and that is why I was so depressed last yr.But,that cake did make my day.This yr it was a trip to Las Vegas,what do you say?:cool2:

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Supriya,

Wish you a very Happy Birthday. Have fun and enjoy!

Don't worry about not getting surprise gifts. You should be happy that atleast he asks you what you want and buys you what you like. Like different stages in life, there are different ways things happen in life. Take it as it comes and try to enjoy it that way.

BTW, grinder is a good to have gift that too in the US. Try out Mallipoo idlis with the best sides referring Chitvish's recipe. You will love it.

Once again wish you a very Happy Birthday!

Malathy

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Happy Birthday Supriya !!!

Well talking about gifts, DUH ! (i mean its obvious) there will be one. if the guy is taking you out on a long drive and treating you in the best restaurant in town..... he's gotta have bought something...

okey now coming to you Supriya... just a general question, have you read, Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul... cos i'm reminded of a story from that book... I dont remember it exactly but it goes like this... there is this married woman who was all her life used to surprises and gifts from parents and freinds and everyone aroun her, but then she marries this guy who loves her to the hilt of it but isnt very sensitive when it comes to gifts... he buys her Mops, or some household gadgets or something of this sort always on her birthdays and anniversaries... this girl gives clear hints to him that she wants something personal and romantic and all that.. but the guy it seemed has no sense and still bought all that household kitchen appliance stuff for her... then there is this birthday when he buys her a Snow Shovel and leaves the town for work and there is a huge hailstorm and that snow shovel is what comes to best use in that time... and so she realises the whole truth...

well i've made the story absolutely Unromantic and boring...sorry for that... but ya i understand if you are newly married then you do expect some romantic somethings... i'm newly married so i can understand... but i think as we grow old, i'll definitely want to pick a gift for myself (wud appreciate cards or flowers from him or anyother thing i can trust him to pick for me).. cos i'm sure he hasnt got a clue about Diamond Jewellery :-D

Enjoy

~Abha

8. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday Supriya.
    I too love surprise gifts and also love to surprise hubby on his b'day.On his b'day i bought a cake for him and he was surprised with that as he didn't expect that i would go out alone for the shopping because just the previous month i came US and the whole environment was new to me.He gave me an expensive surprise gift on my b'day this year as this was the first b'day after marriage(we married last year) and i don't think this will repeat next year:wink:.
    I think b'days are so special to celebrate with our loved ones around.

Love:-D.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  9. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Happy birthday Supriya - I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Shobana

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday Supriya!!
    Coming to the thread topic I would expect my husband to wish me, that he does without fail and then he comes up with great surprise gifts every year. Now our older daughter joins him in the secret planning.