1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What was your in-lows reaction when you reveal your first pregnancy???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Tugga, May 24, 2010.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Tugga, Glad to hear about your pregnancy. Your MIL is old school and some way she is correct too. I wudnt tell everybody until 3rd month.But thats just me. Its convenient and you are well under way in pregnancy stage. You can tell your family as it will be a good news to them too. It really depends on you to tell whom you want to . Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Good Luck.

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Tugga,
    Glad you feel better now about your MIL's reaction.
    As for your question:

I realised very very early on that I conceived. I was very excited and I invited all of our gang (around 10 families including us). Dh and I cooked and hosted the party but we did not tell the reason. We just said, "let us have a get-together this weekend in my place". Since all of us used to host such parties now and then, it did not stand out odd.

But one friend's mom guessed it with my loss of weight / fatigue (I was already underweight, so was very obvious) and said, "You look pregnant". I just smiled at her and segued somehow. No one else noticed it. And I avoided all gatherings till the 12th week in the pretext of my DH's hectic work.

And after the 12th week, I sent out a beautiful e-invitation (designed by me) and conveyed them the happy news. None of our friends felt offended. They understood it is the norm. They greeted me wholeheartedly.

And all of them followed/follow the same hush-hush for their own pregnancies. Though we guess, we never put them on spot to answer. We just understand.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks again for your concerns. Also with the help of your responses, now I understood my MIL.

My case is somewhat unique. From the time I have decided to go to Sudan for work after marriage, I have been receiving constant advises from every one who are closed to me. They kept on advising me to start living together as a family with my DH. Because I left for Sudan alone just 2 weeks after our marriage.

Now I have taken a career break and started living together with my DH. This is the first time we are entertaining new visitors (friends, relatives, colleagues) to our new home as a new family. So, no wonder the visitors ask a word about our family plans. i.e pregnancy.

Now I am pregant... I have severe vomiting, nausea and fatigue.. Diziness is a major issue, so I used to avoid parties and gettogethers.

Everyone knows we were TTC... and with all these signs, they directly ask me the most famous question.."are u pregnant". Since the people who ask this question are my closed ones, I just don't feel like lieing to them and say NO. If I say no, they will ask me to go for a medical check up, coz I might have some serious health problem to have constant vomiting:(

4. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Dear Tugga,

You do whatever you feel like doing, if you want to tell your close relatives and friends, go for it.

We were only trying to tell you why your MIL must have said that, just so you don't take things in the wrong sense.

Im sure this is an exciting time for you and you must be waiting to tell everyone the good news.

It was very hard for me to hide it from my work colleagues becoz of the constant and horrible nausea and vomiting. I could hide it from relatives because we are living abroad.

Take care