1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What was your in-lows reaction when you reveal your first pregnancy???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Tugga, May 24, 2010.

1. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations.

Your mother in law's reaction is normal. my cousin has an autism grandson. She refuses to buy gift before the baby is born. She is a doctor and does not like to tell the patients the sex of the baby. Don't get me wrong. She lives in US 45 years and very westernized in other things. Since she had seen more than few miscarriages and other problems, she feels like that.

After 3 months passes, your inlaws will be very happy.

Take care of your health.
    Peace Be with you.:coffee

2. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tugga,

VERY GOOD NEWS !!!! CONGRATULATIONS :):)

Please do take care of yourself and be happy of the blessings! Do not bother what others say. In fact everyone is happy with such a wonderful happening in the family. Only your MIL is concerned in her own way and that's what she expressed to you!

I have seen many of my friends did this, because of the same reason... After they entered the steady and stable period of pregnancy they shared!

Be happy and be in peace... Please do not brood over something which is of no concern.

Love Dear

3. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations....

I think your MIL reaction is quite normal, I first told my pregnancy to my MIL,
    though she was very happy and we were the first borns in our family, she advised not to tell any one till 3rd month, in fact I told my parents only after 3 months.
    This is because of high rate of miscarriages in first 3 moths, rather than finding fault with in laws, take their suggestion as well wisher, life will be far more somoother.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Just out of curiosity, The "IN - LOWS" you mentioned in the subject was it a spelling mistake or was it on purpose?

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Tugga congrats for the Good news. I agree with most of the ILs here who said its out of good will your MIL said so. So dont loose your heart over it and be happy:)

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks to all for your clarifications and advises. I am just too excited about my pregnancy and wanted to share this happiness with all the closed ones immediately. So, when I heard this advice from MIL, I felt so bad and disapointed. Also felt little scary about MC too. Anyway, I trust God will help me and my LO.

I called my mom (where my sis and brother stayed) and MIL to tell this good news. Other than that I am not calling anyone to tell about my pregnancy

But whenever I interact with my friends, colleagues, cousins (over the phone, personal meeting, on-line etc...) they ask me about this pregnancy... Like "is there any good news this time"???? Then I cannot say NO that easily. Because those girls used to share everything with me and would expect the same from my side as well.

But as suggested by MIL, I have decided to keep quite with relatives, specially from the ones from my DH's side.

My MIL is a nice woman. That's what I expected too much from her. But her rude words were like a speed breaker to my happiness and I felt really sad after that. Also in my circle, we share these matters with our very closed ones without any formalities... But not with outsiders.

7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Tugga,

As other friends said, I feel its just a well wisher's advice. Take care and have a happy and healthy 9 months.

8. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Tugga,

Congratulations!! I feel most MILs have some or the other problems with their DILs.

My MIL's reaction wasn't that great either.....actually she kept the phone after talking for 1 min to my DH......She is always more concerned about what people think about HER. I wonder what good she gets out of it.

People who care for the society more than their own families become lonely at the end....:(

I am sure now my MIL loves my son.....but when she tries to overdo things, I feel like laughing.

For some strange reason, my son does not like her either......may be because I don't interact much with her......

Take care Tugga. I wish you all the very best!!

--Bubai

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Tugga dear,
    So you are back with band!! Congratulations on your LO's arrival. So, your dream of taking a break at Sudan and becoming Mom came true.
    Yes, Miscarriages can happen at anytime till first trimester. So, just go with that concern. May be you can do one thing - Share this good news unofficially and and let them know that you will confirm it officially after 3 months. Hope your maternal side relatives will understand this.
    Never mind this kind of issues in your mind and be positive towards it. Have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

10. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Congraaats Tugga :) !! Nice to hear. Best Wishes to you