1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to wear for hubby's graduation!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by luckyvirgo, Apr 29, 2011.

1. luckyvirgo

luckyvirgo New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Could you all suggest what to wear for my husband's graduation ceremony! I would prefer wearing western. Also will a black pencil skirt and a not so formal white blouse do???

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

First, let me congratulate you for your husband's achievement.

Black skirt with plain top and scarf ( may ethnic one) will be great. You can wear long silver earrings with that. Wouldn't look very nice with lots of jewellery.

Have a wonderful time.

CL

3. luckyvirgo

luckyvirgo New IL'ite

Thanks coffeelover for your reply. Thanks for the scarf idea! i had not thought about it!

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have been to a lot of graduation ceremonies. Lots of times they are outside in the blazing sun or if it rains, in a sweltering gymnasium. I would suggest wearing a nice sun dress with a big straw hat (you will def need that if you are outside for a few hours) and some dressy sandals that you can walk in. Also, often the reception is a distance from the ceremony and then you have to do a lot of standing. Have a backup idea if the weather is too cold, perhaps a coordinating jacket or sweater.

5. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

From which University is he graduating? My SIL just graduated from Georgia Tech (PhD), and skirts and nice tops were the norm (for anyone not there for an undergraduate<BA, BS, AA>). Is there a reception afterward for the graduates/spouses? If there is a reception, a black pencil skirt and a solid color blouse will be lovely-a scarf or shawl would be fine, too, as the venues can get rather chilly.