1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what to do with -a momma's boy hubby n an insecure over possessive m.i.l

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kenny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Found such terms when looking for ways to understand MIL.

2 people like this.
  2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Nice post sister Lakshmi!
    It is sad....
    It was happened with me and the same way my DH told me not to listen to his mom always, then i became alright.
    Thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  3. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I came across this article "Are you married to a mama's boy?" online which provides some tips to deal with a Mama's boy! Although a few things might not be applicable in Indian scenario, still it can give some inputs to deal with the issue. Are You Married to a Momma's Boy?

4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kenny, a lot of methods suggested by posters here could help you. In my case I cook like my mil and she knows it. I have changed so much but even then she behaves horribly. Luckily I don't live with her.
    Spend time on yourself and occupy yourself with work. Mama's boys don't change too much in my opinion. My husband still blindly repeats whatever mommy darling tells him.

5. srisadguru

srisadguru New IL'ite

I know its like hell to live with parents of dh. They make ur life hell.Even i am in the situation as u but have my FIL and SIL too to worsen the situation. Day by day i am going into depression. Many time i feel like commiting suicide but then i have a small 3 yrs old child i have to keep alive by looking at him.Every morning when i get up i dont feel like getting up, then i look at my sons face and then get up. I try to keep myself busy but then even with that i have to live 24 hrs with them. My hubby to doesn't support me because they are always helping him out with money and he knows they have good property and money to give.So he never supports me. I am sick and tired of my life only spending life day by day. Its the only thing i can do.

6. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I know it is an old thread. But wanted to say to the OP that when MIL slept in your room with you and your DH, I think I'd have left the room saying the AC is too cold for me or some other excuse and slept elsewhere.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

... or better still saying "I don't want to be a kabab mein haddi"

1 person likes this.