1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what to do with -a momma's boy hubby n an insecure over possessive m.i.l

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kenny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Kenny,
    1) Some gals get love/ affection/ care & surprise gifts on special dates by default.
    2) Some get aggressive and make the guys do it for them... and even get aggressive in leaving the perinneal crowd behind.
    3) Some just give up all energy & start living the life being offered to them.

You need to pick up one of these and change your life if you want it to change.

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Kenny,

I do have any further advises.I just read on another thread.

If you like try this.Go to your MIL and act like you are taking permission from her before your husband.Ask like can we(myself and husband) go to movie or somewhere and see what she says though.

Even though you don't like,but you really have to trick her.

3. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

i know you are right but please keep writing and giving your advices ...it helps me boost my confidence..i feel someone is there to listen and suggest .and how should i take my husband out of my mil's womb...that's also imp...she does not leave him even for a moment ...i really get pissed off by all this...no breathing space sucks and i feel my husband also does not realise this..i need to make him realise in a positive way that he doesn't get hyper.what do you guys suggest...please do keep writing...you all are a great support as i said.

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Kenny.. taking the child out of womb is generally not a very comfortable task for mother, baby & doctor..... however the knife & stitching has to be done to save the life and future.

U've struggled hard for a normal delivery.. its not coming.. so dont wait for this relation to get suffocated any further.. pls raise a knife.. of talking straight & sorting out issues.

Mine is a long distance womb enclosure hence a lesser pain for daily life.. tho remote controlling is carried out... sometimes the remote misses if not placed in direction else I wud have headed for a direct confrontation.

5. simran4u

simran4u Silver IL'ite

hi there,
    all you friends there i want to share my story with you. my story is similar to you people , only difference is that i have been married for four years now, don't have kids.my dh is mamma's boy, we went to a doc and there was smthng wrong with his sperm count.... my mil inspite of that got my hsg done, and told my dh not to take any medical advise and thar their astrologer has said we will hv kids late and due to certain problems in my planets this problem is appearing.
    plz tell me what should i do?
    i really need your advise.

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Simran its a very sensitive topic of your life & I dont want to hurt you but to ease out the situation take it as it comes.
    Its hard for anyone to accept that problem lies with them and esp for guys & their families.

Tell ur MIL ok let me know wht to do next and also try convincing ur DH to continue the treatment.. even docs can help you on that cos they have already come across such guys & their family members.

All the best for TTC.

7. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

Kenny,

I am new here and all others here already have given you great advice.

I understand you have no choice but to live with mil. I cant think of anyway that you can get dh to realize in a positive way......

Like someone suggested try to get mil to be on friendly terms with you with a little maniupulation. if she wont talk to you try to get her to talk about her husband or her parents or siblings. for example pick up her family album and ask about people in the photos. usually older people like to talk about their childhood or their own family. Show interest in her and dont talk about what you want or you family. if this gets you somewhere then you broach about her in laws, how she lived with them, how they treated her. all this is not in one day of course, just trying to get some conversation going.......and hopefully there wont always be negative energy when you are with her. Maybe thinking about her inlaws will get her to think about how she is treateing you???
    While this is maintained enjoy your time with DH even with MIL in tow. dont make your life miserable. let her cook for her son or whatever. Its not a competition, you cant make dh choose btwn both. Be confident and positive. Hopefully your mil will slowly loosen her grip on dh....

-Dee

8. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hi il,
    im sorry for the long hault...was trying to analyse how to overcome out of this situation and tried ev thing...
    but presently im completely broken down....feel left out that im not needed at all.
    actually i insisted for my parents to viist at my place...i didnt know that suc kind of a drama also can take place...my mother in law was v rude to them...rather not even sitting in the same room and not speaking to them...she made her son also on her side.....
    im just sick of evthing....my parents were obviously v hurt..but at the end of the day when i tried to discuss my things with my hubby he pounced uopn me...he is v dominating towards me...in fact he has never eveer said sorry for anything...he always tried to make me feel that i am only wrong and my parents are only wrong...inspite of endless problems ffrom his ebd....his mom actually manipulated things a lot and tells him in a v sharp and cunning way...
    i shall narrate the incidence because of which she got hyped...actually we were supposed to meet up one of my relatives ,so hat day my mom in law also had her kitty...she went there...when me and my parents were about to leave we caled up at his place and came to know he is not there...so we thought we's just go to shp around...since she was not there so we diidnt ask her and went...but the time we came hope the whole scenario had changed...she had bitched about us to her son...next day also acused my mom for it...she even said sorry bt in vain...
    now if i spoked about it to my husband he says that i hav e never acepted my mom in law as my mother thats why i was giving importance to them.im v selfish and self centered....how can i tolerate all this girls....
    u tell me how do i react to this.....on top of that i d all teh house hold chores...ev things i make in teh orning and come and at night since i reach home late and since already ev thing is prepared in the morning i just go and make the chapatis...on top of that my hubby sayd that i dont do anything ....now mu hubbby leaves easrly morn and comes home late...
    so whatever his mom tells him he blindly follows...should he not analyse ...should he not be non biast and see that the mother can also be wong...im s much upset...cant tell u...feel like ending my life the way he spoke to me...
    how do i help my situation...please help...

9. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

Hi Kenny,

Its been long since I shared anything here ! I would like to comment here that all the girls who have advised u in the past that thry to make ur MIL ur mom, try to build a genuine relationship with her, dont be manuiplative and being cunning will not help - has their advise helped in any form, shape or manner ???? It hasn't cos the fact remains that a MIL is a MIL....She can never be a mom...A bitch on the roadside can still be nice to u but not a MIL.....

When I know I have a mil from hell, why would I wanna invite my parents to my house and spent time there. Why will I not want to go out and spend some time with them....this will also help me to get out of that house......

I will give u 2 examples and then maybe u can understand :

When u found out that ur mil is not at home, u did not find out about her but wennt shopping instead, which is absolutely fine according to me.....Ur hubby was not at home either.

Second situation - when U realised ur hubby and mil are not at home, u should have called ur hubby and asked him to join shopping. If he would have refused u could have told him and gone out with ur parents, in this case u have covered ur back . Also when u know ur mil is nt around u should have told him that u want to take ur mil along with u fr shopping, does he know how far she is or where has she gone...... If he said she will be back in 1 hour, u could have sd that u will come back in 1 hour and take her and u could have njoyed that 1 hour with ur parents...if he sd hes not aware when she is back u could have told him that u so wanted to take ur mil with u but cos she is not around, u will plan it out some other day.....but u wished ur mil could have joined as well.

If u would have manuiplated the situation u would have earned brownie points from ur hubby, saved ur back, no fireworks at ur place and no insulting of ur parents...

You have to handle ur hubby in a very careful manner cos he is dumb as !

Good Luck :) !

10. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

yeah menku i agree that i shud not call them here neither i usually do but i didnt know this wud happen because the were coming from somewhere else so thought on their way back they can stay for me for a few days cause i could not take leave that time for long...and isnt it my house also that i cant do things on my own.....???but now i feel that actually its better not to call them...but sooner or later i wud like them to join me for some occasions as well what will i do then...

- regardng the situation i know very well where she is ....because we had initially planned to visit a relative of mine but she had to go to her kitty party so she went there and said that she doesnt want to accompany us there...it was only when we came to know that my uncle is not at home after calling him that we planned to go out...and that place was not so close by that we could come and take her again after an hour...it was around 2 hrs drive and usually she comes late from kitty party....
    so how on earth will i know...
    and as far as hubby is concerned he was in office ...i did call him up and told him we are going....
    now u tell me what better could have been done,,
    basically i needed to spend time with them...u know they would aways be formal with my nil...y cant she understand this...she made a moutain out of a mole hill...and made my hubby also completely negative about them...i know he's a momma;s boy cant help it but how do i make changes in him...i cant expect her to change but want my rights as a wife.....
    my mil has full control over him...and if he somehow doesnt listen to her she shouts...and to which he listens ...as if he is a kid in 1st stand....
    if for a weekend we dont go out with her(which is v rare)she would start saying that she wants to to this place or that place...or that mal....or some movie...she hersself says im bored i wana go out...and always clings to us wherever we go...
    u give me some tips menku...really always i am in need of advices..
    want to be smart to tackle both of them and to get my rights...
    cheers
    kenny..