1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what to do in anniversary

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by piu, Aug 13, 2007.

1. piu

piu New IL'ite

Any Idea pls "what to do in anniversary"

Hi,
    This august is my 2nd marriage anniversary.I'm living with my in-laws and have 10month old son.me and my husband don't get interest in anything.we become bore in all things:oops:.now I can't take decision what to do in that day that make us happy.can you suggest please.
    Piu

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Piu,

A very happy anniversary to both of you.

You can't say that you both are not interested in anything...there should be something that interests both of you. Some hobby or something. Anyways,

- You can go out for a nice candle lit dinner. You have mentioned that you have a 10 month old baby. Leave him with your in-laws for a couple of hours and just the 2 of you can enjoy the evening out.

- Because of your infant i don't think that it will be possible for you to go out for the whole day or on a overnight trip to some place close by.

- You can also invite a few of your family & friends over to dinner if that is possible.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hello !!!!!!!
    Wish you both a very happy anniversary !!!!!!!!!
    There are so many things to do in such occasion like go for some tourist spot and spend the day there........
    let me tell you what we did in our first anniversary.......it was on 13 December and the day was thursday, so no chance that we could take a day off and go to some place nor we can have a party in that day as nobody prefers to come for a party in weekdays.......
    So, we have done something for us two only.......we keep ourselves awake till midnight of Wednesday.........and watched our marriage videos until its 12:00 am, then we cut the cake........and exchanged the gifts.......
    On the morning of Anniversary day, we went to a temple and then went to our office........in the evening, we had our our dinner outside.............
    And in the weekend we had our party with all our frds........it kept us busy throughout the week and we enjoyed all the arrangements very much............
    And one more thing, if u have a Camcorder, u can make videos of everything from cutting the cake to the party stuffs........its really fun...........
    And one more thing, if possible you can get all the clothings of urs, ur hubby's and ur kid in a same colour for ur party, it looks so good........I had tried this with me/hubby (no kids yet).
    U can also give a theme for ur party like sarees for female and sherwanis for male or.......fashion of oldies........
    Wish u all the best for preparation.......let us know how it went....
    Bye..take care.

4. piu

piu New IL'ite

thank u ladies.:smile:
    can u suggest pls what I will give to my husband for this occession?:idontgetit:

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

dear piu!!!!!!!!!!
    gifts should be according to his taste.....what he likes to have most.......but in general, men do like watches........perfumes........wallets.......belts.........jwelleries like bracelet.....or chains......surely exceptions are there like my hubby, he does not like to get costly presents, so a good home made dinner in a romantic mood like eating in the balcony with candle light and some wild flower fragrance........makes him happy..........so, u need to judge by urself what is ur hubby's taste and decide thereafter............again wish u all the best..........let us know what u did on that day...........

6. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Hi there ,
    you guys have provided fantastic ideas to celebrate wedding anniversary I like them and thinking to try some of them on our anniversary too which is in the month of October this year. It is going to be our first wedding anniversary. I had started a new thread on it but I can't find it anywhere. Anyways these ideas are going to help me , will be waiting for more replies from other i lites and wishing Piu a very happy wedding anniversary.
    Bye,
    regards,
    fiona.

7. piu

piu New IL'ite

Sorry ladies I was wrong.I thought only of me n my husband...it seems too selfishnesh of myself in my Mil's eye.she is really very jelouse when she saw us close even when we r talking or laughing privately.she don't even permit us to lock door while we r in bedroom(sleeping time):shaking: .For those reason our married life relation is gone forever.:bang
    Now can u suggest what I'll do that day?

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear piu
    M y best wishes on your wedding day.To please your m in law you have to include her in your plans.Plan an outing with them .Your son can be taken care of by both of you.Any nice picnic spot would do.Buy ur husband anything like perfume,watch,tie ,cuffliks,shirt,his favourite book,or cd.You can gift it to him privately.

9. Jayalakshmi Mohan

Jayalakshmi Mohan New IL'ite

Wish you many more happy returns of the day!

Have some intimate time with your husband and child in the bed.
    Cook some favourite dishes of you both!
    Visit an orphanage or an old-age home near your place.
    Distribute some sweets or gifts to the inmates.
    Watch a movie in a nice theatre leaving the child at home with your in-laws.
    Or go to a park or temple with your family.

You know how we celebrated our first WA? We bought suitable, though not costly, gifts for all the members(it was a joint-family comsisting more than 10 members) and booked tickets for the whole gang for a Kamalhasan movie!
    Even after 30 years our family relish those thoughts!

Enjoy!

10. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hai fiona

well i will share my first anniversary secret with you.

First decorate a room in your house with you know the gimmicks. Then buy a lovely cake and hide it in the room. Do not allow your hubby to see the room before the clock strikes 12.

Buy a nice gift say a new watch, wallet with your photo in it, anything according to your hubbys taste.

And then when the clock stikes twelve, wake him up take him to the special room give him the present and cut the cake together. Your hubby is sure to be surprised.

Next day go out plan for a whole day outing have brakfast, lunch and dinner outside. Spend some quality time with one another and freak out.

Hope your anniversary is a blast.

Regards
    Rakshantha