1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What my Dad Taught me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji, well from now i will call you K hows that:thumbsup

i loved your post, some of the things dad does and adheres to it like us siblings not travelling together and so many things, dad gave us all the freedom and told us you have to make yourself today we all 4 siblings are self made people we have not taken a penny from dad only his advice i got a lot from my dad especially the ability to pick up foreign languages and today my dad is very proud of me, i ahve been travelling alone from the age of 13yrs and had my business at the age of 16yrs he just helped me with 100$ to start the business the idea was his and today because of him i am a successful business woman.
    No on can take our parents place and no one can be like your dad or mine our dads are unique and so are our mums.
    love
    alpa:cheers

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

A nice tribute to ur dad Kamalji!!!!
    The idea of brothers living separately and having their own lives,( in those days) , sure is a modern one!!!!!
    Whether 6 or 60, to our dads, we will still remain their "child".

Regards,
    Viji

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Full of wisdom. Regarding 2), there is a famous economist, Jaques Dreze (Jean Dreze's father), who never travelled with his wife for the same reason. So long as their children (including adopted ones I think) were young, they made it a point to travel separately. I had suggested this to Sankari, but she refused to accept the proposal. She simply said, "Let's die together. And so long as our son is not an adult, he will travel with us too!"

Regarding 9), though I am not a worldly wise person, I have done exactly the same thing. My dad didn't own a penny, so I couldn't have learnt this from him. Sometimes even stupid people behave sensibly. :)

oj

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Megs,

firstly welcome to my blogs, secondly, sorry for the late reply.My eyes have been having an infection so i was not much on the site otehrwise.

Thirdly, thanks a ton for the wonderfukl FB, u made my day.

Glad to know yr dad is dilbahar, as they say, a man full of life, and spiorts, who taught u sisters to be independent, who taught u the taste of drinks, we have to be social in life too, sometimes a glass of wine , beer or bloody Mary is enjoyable.what say ! :biglaugh

And yes he is a warden, to take care of so many of u girls eh !You will need a lot of time to read my posts for they are a few hundred of them.HAHA

Thanks fo the kind words, u made my day.

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Alpha,

Glad to know u love yr dad so much, and so nice to see yr dad so progressive, and allowing u all to flower, to be individuals in your own right.

God bless him and u all.

Regards

kamal

And call me by K, fine with me, as they say, a rose by any other name will smell as sweet, Alpha.HAHA

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Thank u. Yes for Dad to think of everyone being independent in the seventies itself, is something and we are so thankful to him today, for we see what joint families are going thru, wwhen they become too big,.

Yes for parents we will always remain kids eh !

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

Well thought we did divide the risk in two, it was acutally increasing the risk, but well, now i agree , that is was for the better.

My Dad was poor for most of his life, till the last 20 years Thanks to him, his vision and his help that we are what we are today.

Thanks OJ.

Regards

kamal