1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What my Dad Taught me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 1, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji

40 years back, your dad had such a vision of
    having separate business,
    separate family,
    allowing son to drink with him (I agree 200% with that, if we are not very strict, kids will do things not in our back or behind us)

Hats off to him. I wonder why "Dhirubhai" didnt had such vision, or whatever happened recently was only fracas for the common people and shareholders :idea

See didnt i said, ur post is educative for us. We can learn so much from it. Thank you very much kamalji

As regarding Stock Market, like ur father said, if we dont get greedy and invest wisely for a long period, it is definitely an good investment option.

2. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I have not recd any comments for my post. If I have done any mistake by posting in your thread, please forgive me.

I am always your ardent fan and I will continue to relish your writings.

Please don't carry any ill feelings towards me
    My wishes to you always
    Vinoran

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    :bowdown to your father.
    Really appreciate his ideas on many pointers. It is a lesson for us too..in the field of will, paying taxes, depositing in bank, etc.
    that's what everybody needs..good night's sleep..very good medicine.

Vinoran, your tribute to father shows how you reverend him. :bowdown to him.

Sriniketan

4. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

A lovely tribute to a great father from a loving son :) Thanks for sharing your father's insights about life with us - some of us can truly benefit from it. My husband and I always encourage our kids to share their thoughts with us....we try to sow those seeds at an early age. Having said this, I personally know to win that trust and confidence is a huge parenting responsibility and perhaps a gift that kids shower on their parents and your father seems to have accomplished it so gracefully and by his own wisdom and experience of life.

Have a nice day,
    Sujatha

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vinoran,

Yesterday i was short of time, so i did not reply to yr FB.

A Wonderful tribute to yr father, who taught u so much, and educated u sisters, and had good relations with all the relatives.

Not many are grateful to their parents, in these days of the rat race.

Not many remember that a strong stree today, was once a sapling, which had to be protected with a iron grill, so that it is safe from stroms, animals which may eat it, or the winds which may topple it.

Later on it breaks free to become the big and strong tree that it is today.

Same way it is with our parents, who nurture and guide, protect,educate us, and bring us to where we are today.

But sadly they become old, and dependent, and sick, and it is our duty to do now what they did for us when they wre in their youth.

So i am very touched by the thanks that u give ur parents and sisters, God will always bless u, and keep yr heart puer and blissful, and will always keep u happy, and well nourished.

REgards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RKG,

First a request, if u can leave a comment even if two lines, when u read a blog, it encourages awriter a lot. Every comment matters.

and thanks for nominating this blog, i am very grateful to u.

and i did not write this to disturb.Dad had a very sorry start to life, but i did not write on that part, for i jsut wanted to tell everyone, how practical he was , even in the sixties and seventies.

there are many things i could not wriet as the blog was getting very long, and i feared it would bore u Ilites to sleep

He had 4 DIL;s and he would sit with them for hours talk to them, as a father would to a daughter.

Dad did not have a sister or a daughter.But today u ask the Bahus, they will say, we like ur Dad more than u guys.:biglaugh

Today evern the autorikshaw fellow outsiode my home, they remember him for god knows hopw he helped them finacially, he never told us, but we come to know now that he is no more.

And if he had to go anywhere, he would tell my office boy to get the Auto, and i and harsha used to tell him we will drop u in the car, but he said, u are all busy, i will go on my own.

And he used tos pend hours in his room in Mumbai, writing Ram Ram Ram in a book, and he filled volumes of those books with Ram.

He used to tell my daughters to write Ram Ram, neatly, and he will give them 10 paise per Ram, and my daughgters would get busy writing, and then they became good at maths, for they learnt to count the Rams and take money from Dad.HAHAHAAHAAHA

I an d harsha remember him everyday on some or the other topic, even though it is 14 years.

And the ironuical part, is, he died in the same hospital where my elder daughter was born, in Mumbai.When ipass that hosptial, i turn my face away.

Thanks a ton,.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shobha,

I dd not see yr post can u send me the link please.

Dad did all he could for us 4 brothers, and for his 3 brothers, and his nephew too.He was the rock behind us, and after him the mantle fell on me, and i did all i could, and i am happy to say all my brothers are happy.

Thanks.kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Knot,

You mean yr hubby share his birthday and temper with yur dad.?:biglaugh
    Yes daughters adore their fathers, as do my two, and we too adore them.
    Both my daughters, one married in Indonesia, and one in mumbai now doing her internship, complain that we dont talk to them very often.

WE want them to be independent, thought we love and remember then everyday, like for example Harsha gets those lovely Licchis, that fruit, which both love.and we remember them when we eat it, wisihgin they were here.We hold ourselves from calling too often, not for monetary reasons, God has been kind that way, but just that, u know.

Thanks for teh kind words, and read my latest, which will make u laugh and not think much Knot.

And where are yr blogs i am missing them a lot.Comebck fast, before yr grey cells turn black.:drowning:rotfl

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Thank u for the kind words.I am not a patch on my Dad, a little difference being, i am a writer, part time that is, and he was not:rotfl

thanks a ton.

REgards

kamal

10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I will make sure that I leave my comments to your blogs hereafter!
    It would not be fair on my part if I do not nominate this GEM.
    This shows DIL's affection towards their FIL.Great soul he is!
    This is really very sad.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010