1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Indeed one of the most intelligent movies of recent times. It was proof that Hindi movies can be as good as Malayalam movies. : )

Hmmm.. I recall one thread you started around this longing, I had composed a response in the mind, but site was slower than my mind. : ) I will fish out that thread. Am on a spree today bumping up old threads. : )

I think we mistake nostalgia for our 20's with nostalgia for the city of that time and friends of that time. I used to think how nice it would have been experienced to have experienced the luxury and status of my own house and my own car(s) in India. Then, I factor in the traffic, pollution, dust, sweat, grime, filthy streets, driver with body odor, maid servants being indispensable, etc etc, and the longing goes away, replaced by a gratitude for the hills turning green and the quiet almost polite car I can take for a long drive on scenic roads.

Similarly, friends of our teens and twenties are ones we make based on commonalities such as school, college, first job. The ones we make in late thirties and beyond are ones we make and maintain by choice.

Thyagarajan and gamma50g like this.
  2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Guntur Kaaram - Worst movie ever from Trivikram Srinivas. I have enjoyed many of his movies like Athadu, Ala vaikuntapuramulo etc. This guntur kaaram is moving slow, masala and no twists. Mahesh babu`s movies I prefer to watch in theatres, On seeing the review I have avoided for better. But watched in ENTHUSAN, felt bored.

Thyagarajan and gamma50g like this.
  3. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Haha! Im glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I dint read any reviews and started watching the movie and couldn't finish it!! Sheer torture

vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I watched In Love and Deep Water on Netflix and enjoyed it. The sheer luxury of a cruise odyssey and the quirky characters make it easy on the eyes to watch even if its in a foreign language. The chemistry between the lead pair is good and the movie overall is worth watching.

I also watched the trilogy of Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile and A Haunting in Venice. Kenneth Branagh as Poirot has captured the essence of the famed detective in Agatha Christie's books so beautifully that I cannot imagine any other actor better suited for the role. Coming to the 3 movies, the first one was Murder on Orient Express, followed by Death on the Nile and then A Haunting in Venice.

I loved the first two the third was meh but was so worth watching for 'Poirotism' if I can coin that term. Go watch all the three movies. If you are not a fan of murder mysteries, these movies will make you one. If you haven't seen Poirot in action, these movies will keep you wanting more!!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Watched short film 'Juice' of 2018 or 2019, acted by Shefali. Brilliantly directed and acted. The chaos in the house is nicely depicted. The last scene is like a slap on the face and is in line with a post shared by @Rihana today.

6. vidhyalakshmid

Bama kalaapam (telugu) 2 - Please do not watch. I was misled by the Einthusan`s rating:BangHead:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I watched the new 2023 movie Paatti Sollai Thattathe. It was a light movie with a different theme. Eventhough it made no sense at times, I kept my brain aside and watched it completely. No villans, no fights, no gore, no tragedy = happy me. We have enough of those in real life anyways!!

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Is it Bama's ஒட்டியாணம்?
    அல்லது மயில் இறகு?
    Btw u seemed to be multi lingual. I wonder which could your mother tongue! I presume you speak, read and write atleast 4 langs. In tamil I heard a song in which a phrase " கலாபக்காதலன்" occurs.

9. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Hasee tho Phasee 2014 movie. Beautiful,cute, innocent romantic film. Sid Malhotra and parineeti are soo good looking. Songs of the movie are awesome.

10. vidhyalakshmid

Bama`s kalaapam - riot of Bama(lady) My mother tongue is telugu Sir. But I am from tamilnadu, so not fluent in reading telugu. I can manage like a elementary student.I love to learn many languages, but master of none.JACK OF ALL:frowning: