1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

The neighboring state of Tamil Nadu has not banned the film, but the state’s multiplex owners’ association withdrew
    The neighboring state of Tamil Nadu has not banned the film, but the state’s multiplex owners’ association withdrew the film from cinemas. In West Bengal, the film was banned on the orders of Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister.

2. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Let’s hope so Chanchitra :) But they could have gave another title! Me too didn’t watch the movie yet.

chanchitra likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If not, they would not have used wrong statistics (32000 women). Good that they corrected it it atleast in trailer. Even PM mentioned about this movie. Why.

I think every one should watch the movie if interested. It can also serve as a warning on how innocent people ( both men and women) are manipulated by extremists ( not only ISIS). There should not be any ban. After few years if some one search on Kerala, this movie and discussion ( check comments below each post or video on this movie on how people perceive Kerala as a hub or forwards in many groups/ social media ) will be seen as real instead of an isolated incident. Thats the problem. They should have used another title. I am waiting for another movie ' 2018' that is another Kerala story on how they survived the flood.

Mistt likes this.
  4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Watched Pathan- Hindi movie. Typical action flick unrealistic Hollywood style with SRK and Deepika. I was not able to enjoy much:rolleyes:. Not sure why there was so much controversy over bikini. Deepika was a perfect fit as an action star in this movie and action sequences were good.

I liked ' A man called Otto' starring Tom Hanks. A feel good movie.:thumbup:

Last edited: May 15, 2023
    Ranchu likes this.
  5. chanchitra

The controversy had to be about an ex Pakistani ISI agent helping india. Lol.

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

They corrected in the trailer but mentioning that 32,000 women from Kerala are missing is still in the movie.
    PM mentioned it and used that movie as weapon to win in recent elections. BJP ruled states had given tax free status to movie.

DDream likes this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Because she wore orange / saffron color bikini. ;)

DDream likes this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Deepthy for the reply and the link. I came to know many things through that link. I understood your vent too. They shouldn't have used that title and even wrong numbers.

deepthyanoop and DDream like this.
  9. chanchitra

Saw Mrs chaterjee vs Norway.
    An immigrant Indian mother fights the Norwegian foster care system and legal machinery to win back custody the of her children.
    It's a highly emotional movie. Acted well by Rani Mukherjee. Felt she overacted in some scenes.
    It's based on the real life story of Sagarika.
    The Norwegian Child Welfare Services (Barnevernet) has long been criticized by many over its controversial decisions, particularly against migrant families.

Since 2015, Barnevernet's practices, mostly taking away children from their families by citing "abuse," have highly been criticized inside and outside of the country.

Lack of relevant evaluations and ignoring the cultural differences while deciding on cases of "child removal" are among the main reasons behind the criticisms.

10. chanchitra

So the number is more important?
    The ordeal and pain/suffering of these women is not?
    There is nothing wrong in giving tax free status to this movie. Atleast it is bringing awareness to Indian women of these jihadi elements.
    BTW mamta Banerjee banned this movie. Why? To appease her voters be it illegal ones from Bangladesh.