1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What men want from women

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by piu, Jul 30, 2007.

1. piu

piu New IL'ite

Hello there,
    We have to live with men but can't realize their need.What men want from women in married life and what makes them happy to live with us.It is really difficult to visualize.
    Let us share our thoughts, experiences.
    :mrgreen:

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    IN my case my husband expects me to follow him in everything like...
    1. financially ---> if he wants to give money to his people, I should not say a word.
    2. Good heart --->Even if his people tells badly to me, i should just forget and forgive.
    3. Good home maker ---> cook good food for him and his people.
    4. Good person --->Be friendly with his people (no matter what)
    5. Good follower --->Just follow their rituals all the day.
    6. Good DIL --->Just follow MIL's words (like I should forget my parents, should not visit them)
    7. Good Helper --->Get money from my parents whenever my husband needs.
    8. Good wife ----> which includes all the above and provide XXX for my husband

I may seem too much....
    but this is true....

~Punitha

3. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi Punitha ,

I thought only my MIl is like that (Forget u r parents ) ...but looks like all MIL is like that ...
    I couldnt figure out why MIL's are like that ...guess it is an attribute of MIL tilte ..
    They want their DIL to forget their houses ...but their son should always follow be with her :mad:

4. puni88

Hi rogo,
    Welcome to the team of ill fated DILs.
    I really wonder how these guys change so much after the marriage.
    They will be roaming with friends till mid night and come home.
    They don't bother about parents etc, but immediately after marriage they will always want to be with their parents. :idontgetit:

~Punitha

5. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Puni,

I guess ur hubby is not the only one expects all the things mentioned in ur post. Almost all husbands want their wives to follow everything according to their expectations as if the woman they married have no brain.. The reason for such expectation is bcos their mothers and grandmothers have no education and hence no power of brain to think and behave in a way thats needed for a given situation. But now, things have changed and men want to marry educated employed professional girls and treat them the way their forefathers treated their women.

Well, I mentioned in one of my earlier posting, that men have to learn to behave differently according to change of time and circumstances. After all, men are slow learners. The bottom line is that women have to be strong and make men change gradually for better.

:yes: If women are smart, they should make men want what they want and not the other way around.

Love and Regards,
    Geeth Priya.

6. puni88

Hi Gita Priya,
    What ever you said is correct.
    We have to be smart enough in tackling the situations.

~Punitha

7. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

The main thing that I have learnt abt wht my husband wants....is that he needs space.....that is the freedom that he enjoyed from his childhood....We are married for the past 1.5 years...It was really tough for me in this regard as I am possessive by nature....But now I have started changing myself......My husband is good with no bad habits and he does not spend money lavishly....he does good saving...but never fails to get me what I wish.....He loves me a lot.....and he deserves the space that he wishes for.......Now life is going on pretty well....

So ladies, let ur husbands free but at the same time u should have a hold......They will be very happy for just one thing......we not nagging them...

8. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

I think another imp thing mens want is you adjusting with their families

The most imp thing that makes my hubby happy is me having a good relationship with his mother, sister or dad....

He is ready for everything i throw at him, but he doesnt want me to say a single thing bad about his family

9. puni88

Hi,
    It takes its own sweet time in understanding or gaining confidence with your husband. It won't happen just like that.
    We will have lot of hurdles during early days of marriage, later everything will slow down.
    WIth in-laws --- we get used to them ,know them better, we may take things lightly.

With husband --- we get to know is good and bad, wants and dislike and more over we become more busy with building family, career, property etc.

As some of the ilites mentioned that guys needs more space etc, even we females need some space, freedom.
    Basically there should be compromising, sharing etc.
    Just understand one person's mentality and go with it.

~Punitha

10. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Nice read so far.
    Why are all men alike. There was a punchline i saw, they want educated professionally qualified girls, but treat them like their forefathers did .
    They want the cake and the icing too. They still cannot accept us as equal as them.
    It ll take time. They are conditioned to be so. Thanks to our in-laws who make the process tougher. I have heard some people say, 'whats the big deal, that she works, so many women do' ...
    Sky high expectations from in laws as if we are some extra ordinary creatures :)..And husband helping would be considered as something extra, something I am lucky for..

We are in the transition period, hope things change for better :)..And we can always turn dumb ears for all these comments..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007