1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Makes You Happy ?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hopikrishnan, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

upload_2021-2-8_10-24-36.png
    I saw a western poster-board of what makes a person weirdly happy. And wondered what would be such a thing for me: Something to make one happy, without the involvement, or contribution of any other person ? Have you a happiness thing in your life?

Lawn mowing, and finally inspecting the criss-cross pattern on the cut grass always made me happy. If there had been any wiggle in the pattern, I'd be tempted to take the mower back there, run it over the mishap, and straighten the lines again.
    upload_2021-2-8_10-26-1.png

Rihana and KashmirFlower like this.

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Other than the corner brownie, everything else in your image makes me happy!

When the fridge has batter for 4 types of idlis/dosas, the pantry has roasted peanuts and different types of podis, and the freezer has pizza sauce and masala paste, all homemade, I feel as if I am very rich and ready for the world!

Others would be
    When a student is thrilled that he/she could do maths easily and does homework with excitement !
    Telling a perfectly apt, related story to a person who is in some dilemma or dharmasankata to help decide the right action!
    Getting the pitch of a song correct in my first try, listening to a nostalgic song in a vehicle passing by !
    Talking to family & friends
    Sunny weather !
    New footwear !

Keep Smiling
    HR

Rihana and Hopikrishnan like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Something that makes me happy and does not need involvement or contribution from another person:

Folding clothes: this is a recent thing. Don't know what brought it about. I like to create a pile of neatly folded clothes. Maybe adopting a bit of the KonMari method lead to it...

Cleaning baseboard with a rag dipped in vinegar: I can look at the end results proudly for a good 5 minutes. :angel:
    bb.PNG

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

That is so ZEN'ny !!
    The Dust Beyond the Cushion

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Recognized another of my happiness things from that article:
    Whenever I cook dinner, one of my favorite actions is deglazing the pan. With a small amount of liquid and an adequate level of heat, a cook can transform the burned crust of residual ingredients on the bottom of a skillet into a flavorful and free-flowing elixir. That which was hard, stubborn, and resistant becomes soft and unstuck.

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

A kitchen sink with zero vessels in it
    Feeling that home remedies are working
    Feeling that minimalism is working for me

Hopikrishnan likes this.