1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of family life do you like to live in???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Jan 21, 2010.

1. sirikad

sirikad Senior IL'ite

Will go with Joint Family:thumbsup!!

As my father has four siblings, all stayed together.. i born and brought up in a joint family.. I love the relations.. caring, sharing, helping, understanding,adjusting, compromising, respecting more and more. what now a days people are missing:rant.

2. hamsa83priya

hamsa83priya Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I prefer joint family only, for the benefit of my kid.

Regards,
    Priya

3. Silentscream

Silentscream Senior IL'ite

Nuclear Family always.
    I like how joint families are portrayed on tv, like hum saath saath hain. It is def not like that in real life. Even if I have my own separate room MIL enters as and when she likes without feeling the need to knock. I hate getting her 'expert' advice and comments whenever I do or cook anything. I hate listening to her gossips with her relatives and children all the time. I hate having her around me. I never thought I would want a nuclear family but I guess joint family only feels great when you are unmarried and in your parents home, to have all uncles and aunts and grannies and cousins together. Now I understand my mother's compromises and have much more respect for her than ever. Marriage has brought a lot of changes in me.

4. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

As long as everyone respects each other and gives each other their space, then either joint or nuclear is fine.

Each one of us has positive and negative qualities - we must learn to focus on people's positive qualities .... or at least be civil to one another and realize that God and the Universe He created is bigger than all of us.

5. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Nuclear, I like my space and privacy, joint family from what I have seen leads to many fall outs and competition.

6. cuteastha

cuteastha Silver IL'ite

Though I am brought up in joint family and loved it.But now after marriage I prefer to live in Nuclear family.Fed up by PIL too much interference in my life.Don't know my dream to live in Nuclear family will come true or not.

7. remyavivek

remyavivek New IL'ite

Nuclear family :

Nuclear family not only gives you the privacy also gives u the opportunity to spend good time with your hubby, see, in this busy world nowadays, its like both the husband and wife is working and they usually dont get much time even to talk btw each other.. nuclear family couples are most comfortable with their lifepartner.. they have time to share things,fight, love, to discuss regarding family issues and sort it out. and for many things.

at the same time once in a while or even frequent visits of our parents and in-laws makes and built the love of us with them stable and strong.