1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What it takes to become a nurse in the US?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by uma, Jan 14, 2007.

1. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Friends,

I have heard that, because of the high demand for nurses here, it is relatively easy to become one. They also pay well. Are there anyone in this forum who have become a nurse in the US after coming here as a regular H4? I would love to take your guidance on that career option. Thank you very much.

2. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Uma

I am in H4 visa. I am doing a nursing course in Atlanta-Ga. This is a 2years diploma course. It is called LPN. I am doing this in one of the technical college here. After this you could do a course for RN's which is one year i am not sure. The only thing is the fee. Since i don't have a green card i have to pay international fee which is really expensive.I just started this course in October-08. Find out from the local colleges and university in Tennesee. Let me know if you need anymore details

Raji

3. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

HI RAji65,,

Glad to find your post here,,did you start working as nurse i am planning to do some
    course here in usa maybe lpn but i am very confused if i can pursue it b'coz i dont
    know specifically what they do..
    do you have to give bath to patients???etc all these things
    i am not sure and how comfortable you might be doing this..

please reply if you are working are you happy???
    your reply will help me in choosing this stream .

thanks
    neha