What is your employment status?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by IL_Admin, Aug 10, 2011.

What is your employment status?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2011.
  1. Employed

61 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Self-Employed

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Work-From-Home

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Homemaker

46 vote(s)
    33.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. ramapriyah

ramapriyah New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am a homemaker. I was working before marriage. I wanted to have a career, but also wanted to personally take care of my kids. Can't travel in two boats at the same time, therefore a homemaker by my own choice. but I've always been looking for opportunites to grow as a person.
    I take tuitions for school kids, if that comes under the classification "Working from Home". I think that every women should stand in her own feet. With technological advancement, There are umpteen opportunities to prove ourselves.

Bye,
    Rgds,
    Priya

2. anugoel

anugoel Gold IL'ite

I am a housewife I manage home and my two kids but I think I have do work from home so I am searching for some work from home so I can manage home and work also.Whenever I become free from my homework I do my Arts and crafts work like Quilling, crochet, Thali decoration etc but there is no fix income,I know computer also I am searching any job for two to three hours for me,It is important for any women she earn some money for her personnel use.

3. GoswamiSush

GoswamiSush New IL'ite

I am a full-time home-maker for the past one and a half-years. I worked as a computer teacher both before and after my marriage. When I got my baby I decided to switch to home-based part-time job but left that also when my daughter joined kindergarten. I found I could not cope with the deadlines as well as with her home-work and was getting irritable. I did not want to send her to tutions at such a tender age and therefore decided to take a break for some years till she can study independently. As such I believe a mother is the first and best teacher that a child can have.
    regards,

4. asha09

asha09 New IL'ite

I work at T-mobile in Austin Texas and I have the opportunity to meet new faces everyday. I love my job because it prepares me to new challenges everyday.
    Asha Sukumaran

5. Hanah

Hanah Silver IL'ite

I have been working even since I got placed in college and that was more than 10 years back! I feel a person should work if there is a need or if they cannot be otherwise occupied if they are at home.
    By God's grace, our family is now in a position where my husband's income is more than sufficient to sustain us and we have made fairly good financial decisions which will keep us going should we lose his income too.
    I have a lot of hobbies/passions that will keep me very busy should I retire from work. So I have now decided to resign and look after my daughter and pursue my interests.

I should mention that this decision would not be possible if I did not get full support from my husband. While my parents are fine with me working/not working, my in-laws are not supportive of this decision. But my husband has stood firmly next to me and said that the decision to work or not to work is fully mine to make and has thus ensured that no one interferes with my life :) Thank God for such a husband!