What is your employment status?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by IL_Admin, Aug 10, 2011.

What is your employment status?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2011.
  1. Employed

61 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Self-Employed

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Work-From-Home

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Homemaker

46 vote(s)
    33.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I was working in the Southern Railways before my marriage. Though my husband left the choice to me of working, I continued after marriage to work. Then I had my son only after 4 years of marriage. I took leave for nearly 2 years, as he was not a healthy child. Then I worked for wome time, with the help of my mother in law (who was a sick lady but encouraged me to continue) and a small girl maid. Then I had a full time lady to take care of my son, but she left when my MIL died. Not able to find good help and due to my son's health condition, me and my hubby decided that our son is more important than anything else in the world and I quit the job. It was a wise decision and today, after 16 years of being a home maker, I am satisfied and at peace that I took a right decision. Now that I am financially secure, I don't have the need to work.
    I want to share my views too- my niece is working and her baby is just 4 months old. I encurage her to continue working because these days both parents need to earn to give a good life to their child/children. When she is anxious about her baby's condition, I assure her that it is not a crime to work . She is doing that for the baby's sake and so should not feel quilty. A job and a salary does wonders for a woman in many ways. I am for women being employed- if all factors are favourable.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It was only after my generation the girls in my family(nieces) was allowed to go for work.After my Dad's sudden demise,I myself struggled hard to complete my UG,as the elders devised with the proposal plans.:bonk
    Now
    I'm a SUCCESSFUL home-maker,who does all the administration and financial handling as and always Dh stays out-side as his profession is so.
    He or me takes the decision only after discussion.
    So far my concentration on DS's up-bring and studies,and family commitments was 100% satisfactory one.
    Now feel to do some home-based business as my free time was extending.:)
    Thanks.

3. kumari02

kumari02 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies:
    I work full-time in a small company in Canada. I chose to move to this country and started to work for the sake of my daughter's future. I am a proud single mother. I too would love to stay at home but can't afford it for now. At least not until my daughter settles in life... still a long way to go. Hats off to all working women who manage both the work as well the home.

4. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

I am a home maker but very busy with crochet and hand embroidery .I am happy making a jacket for my daughter
    now using crochet.

5. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I work for an MNC. Job gives financial support and confidence to ladies. But again it depends on our family situation and personal interest to pursue job.

6. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

I am a working women by choice. And I love to do the job. At times its little difficult to manage home ,work ,kids ...but still its nice to be a employed women....

7. radhabhaskar

radhabhaskar Silver IL'ite

:hiya friends,

I am a diploma holder in Electronics & Communication and did MA in Sociology through correspondence.
    Being one of the directors for a non profit Non goverment organization I am helping for rural community upliftment. And I am working in a private limited company as a manager for community support groups.
    And I have much interest in embroidery, drawing and other handmade crafts. And I spend atleast 10 minutes daily for any activity which keeps me happy.
    :):):)
    with luv,
    radha

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am working full time in a top MNC. I am working in IT field for 9 years now. I am married and do not have kids yet.
    Working gives me a confidence and I am meeting new challenges everyday. Interacting with new people keeps me happy. I have the comfort of flexi working hours and work from home if required. I will continue to work and in today's scenario both partners should earn to lead a comfortable life. My mom was working full time and managing home too she is my inspiration :)

9. Tejasdworld

Tejasdworld Senior IL'ite

I'm Homemaker now..,i preferred this bcoz i have 2 kids and they are just 2 1/2yrs and 5 mnths old
    Till they go to school, i want to work from home...but i've no idea what to do...

10. roshankuti

roshankuti New IL'ite

i was working a month before as administrative officer for the pst 10 years, now i am resigned due to the treatment for the kid now i am a home maker, today education and work support is necessary for a women to know about the sorrounding finance support that gives the individual a moral support where she can work boldly for the sector and for the family, time being i need a break but after some time i will continue for the employment