1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your At Home Lounge Wear

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by gamma50g, Jan 10, 2024.

1. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I personally love cotton nighties. Been wearing them for decades. But of late I am realizing it makes me look tremendously frumpy. I do spend a majority of my day at home and in my nightie.

Im not a big fan of pyjamas because the material is pretty thin mostly (modal material or polyester here in the US).

What other options are there for (stylish?) Comfortable non-frumpy loungewear that is available in US? It would help tremendously if you can also mention the brand.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

In winter I wear corduroy leggings (Landsend) and long-sleeved T-shirts. This lets me run out for school drop off and pickups and still be presentable for WFH. In summer I swap the leggings for capri pants (I got some nice cotton ones from India) or athletic shorts (Danskin, Athleta) and wear short-sleeve tees. I have somehow never been able to get into the yoga pants trend though they do look very comfortable.

gamma50g likes this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

deleted

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

This is not US, and neither is it branded !
    But going from nightie to pyjamas would be uncomfortable for most women! So, I am sharing my ideas!

I dont like the nightie during day time and only wear it just before sleep every night!

I have always loved the Jaipur kind of wraparound skirts and cotton kurta (just above knee) - for homewear, where I just need to take off the skirt and wear a matching legging/salwar/Jeans/dupatta to rush out - this was great till my son was in school and I used to go out multiple times to pick/drop my son or buy local stuff!
    First attached image - only my kurta would reach the knee !!

But in the past 4-5 years - especially after covid, my stepping out of home has reduced, and as I age, I find the waist contact of the skirt uncomfortable... After all, the material is not so soft!

But I still dont really like the nightie for day wear - I attend a lot of zoom meetings with students, professors etc - so I still buy the Jaipur wraparound skirts, and get a tailor to stitch a cotton matching top to the waist of the skirt - so it looks like the 2nd attached image, but the top part is my own soft cotton material and stitched according to my preferences. (I add some neck/sleeves design, I prefer not-too-low neck, not too tight, not too loose etc...) and the skirt's cotton usually and shrinks on washing so not comfy with upper body. - I also add a pocket for the phone for when I walk around the house!
    I hardly every go out now for simple drop/pickup or vegetables - it is usually planned outings!!
    But this still looks decent for the delivery guys or a walk in my terrace!

But nowadays I see many of my friends wear a cotton anarkali dress top as day-wear without the leggings!

20105264-01.jpg

upload_2024-1-10_10-43-27.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    gamma50g likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Top: mostly short sleeved T-shirt, occasionally long sleeved.
    Bottom: shorts, capris, lounge pants depending on season.

T-shirt: Bolter men's t-shirt small size. I have their V-neck and crew neck ones in all colors and multiple in black that make me feel like Steve Jobs sometimes. : ) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C43Z9WD/
    A few years back I liked some "half sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and elbow sleeved" tops from Amazon (brands were MSHING, LUSMAY). I still have some Sherosa ones that look good.

Bottoms: from Costco, so whatever it is carrying when I need new ones. It should have pockets that can hold my phone and it should not slip out if I am sitting. My most recent ones are Lucky brand from Costco, and Skechers Go Walk https://www.skechers.com/skechers-go-walk-og-pant-regular-length/W03PT20B.html
    My greatest find were these Yoga pants that are adjustable length (simply trim, no hem needed). Safort brand. I hate Yoga pants but these don't at all look like Yoga pants.

For summer shorts, I buy the Mondetta brand from Costco or Baleaf brand from Amazon. I love the Baleaf men's jersey shorts as they have deep pockets, do not wrinkle, do not ride up, and do not cling.

Capris - I have tons from literally every well-known store name and then some retail therapy ones from good old Ross.

gamma50g likes this.
  6. Rihana

I post a picture of my wardrobe in words ^^^, and not even a Like from OP. :(:persevere::pensive::confounded::disappointed::disappointed::frowning:

gamma50g likes this.
  7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Sorry @Rihana. For some weeks now IL site was extremely slow and wouldnt let me log in. And for some reason I got an alert for this comment of yours but not your previous reply.

I have to check out all the amazon brands you mentioned. Im very wary of quality and sizing of clothes from amazon and have never ordered any clothes from there. Im going to try purely based on your review :)

Here's a like x 1000 just for you :blush:

Rihana likes this.
  8. Rihana

:grinning::grinning: was j/k...

Slow day today. I mean slow day for me, not IL. : ) Took video of hail storm, had chai, looked at the Costco clothes return pile, then remembered this thread.

gamma50g likes this.
  9. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Hail storm and chai sounds so cozy . .... its wet and pouring here

Rihana likes this.