1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Wrong In Wishing For A Boy Baby?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sweety2016, Oct 9, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on ur daughter. Only solution to safety issues of child or woman ,( now a days men also are not safe) is to bring highest order punishment like death sentence to such criminals . we need to bring LAW and order regulations like Singapore to reduce crimes.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. Yes boys and men do have problems just like we women . When I was a small kid , there came a bill passed by central and states if India which is to abolish Ragging in colleges . it was a boy who was the victim to ragging and murder in a famous college. Though I was a kid and I am a small girl then , I remember my mom crying for That boy . safety issues are there for all. Bringing up both boys n girls are tough. We need to watch them grow. Try to be friendly with them , so that they open up their issues to us.

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Nothing wrong. As others said accepting the child after it is arrives is more important

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

There is nothing wrong in wishing for a male child. In your case, it is not at all problem, since you already have a girl child. But please make your wish for the right reasons.

Child abuse, and all the rape stories that we hear in the media are true. They happen everywhere. But there are equal number of cruelty happens to the boys in the same world.
    Recently, I've read about an article that spoke volume about the street boys, and boys of poor parents get abused sexually for money by the tourist along the coastal regions.
    The boys' private parts were badly wounded, and it is horrific.

Young boys were sent to child labor and hard works beyond their age and capacity, only for some basic cash. So that they could feed their poor family.

Other than this, the family pressure and the hardship each and every male child of middle class family bears as part of tradition is beyond explanation.
    They are made to sacrifice their entire life to earn for their parents, sisters, niece and nephews until their mid or late years. Then only they can settle in life. Even after that, many such men are caught between their wives and parents when it comes to responsibilities.

The problems of middle class men who work in abroad, and lose all their happiness of youth life in loneliness.

The battle of soldiers, rebels and whoever into the battlefield for a reason.

Come on... Everyone has problems.
    But it is our patriarchal society that undervalue female gender, and make them feel like useless.
    Also, it is our society that influence you so much to think, it is a pain to be born as a woman.

In a nut shell, everyone has problems. But our problems are gender specific hence they need to be addressed differently.

PS: I am a woman, and I have 2 kids. Beyond all the horrific times around my maternity, I feel blessed about my present role as a mom. That love, that special attention, that special power, that magic, that feeling of being wanted, etc..etc... makes me very very proud.
    I feel sad for my H and other men who dearly love their kids and do so much for the family, yet they always stand secondary in the family. Because a mother stands first!!!

sindmani likes this.
  5. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

Thanks for you perspectives and comments...

Definitely i understand how much ever i try am just not a marriage material in any sense be it before or after kid....I am overwhelmed just by taking care of this single kid and will never plan for another be it boy or girl..
    Have a good weekend all!

6. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

There is nothing wrong in wishing for a boy if u already have a daughter. Infact every couple wants one daughter and a son. But then these things are not in our hands. Yes it is totally wrong to favour son over daughter.

I also differ to some extent with the above replies. OP is very much correct regarding her concerns. Crime happens with both boys and girls. I agree, but if you see the percentage it's far more for girls than boys. I have both a girl and a boy. I often give my boy to our security guard to take him out for a stroll, but never my DD coz I m not comfortable.

Suppose someone's coming at 10 or 11 in the night. My parents will send my brother to receive them but never me. When I was staying in hostel, daily my parents would call me, but I don't think they would worry the same way for my brother. What i want to say is we do worry for our sons well being but when it is a girl, it getz double triple etc. Because crimes against girls are much more as compared to boys in our country.

Also I feel that a man's life is hard no doubt, but for woman it's harder. It's us who leave the comforts of our parents house to adjust with total strangers. It's us who manage both house hold work and office. It's us who adjusts and compromise more in a married life. I m not talking about all men and women but most of them.

No matter how much we progress, it was, it is and it will be always a man's world.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017