1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Wrong In Dressing "sexy"?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Oct 8, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Embarassing Low hip jean, short & tight t-shirts

The above thread is my inspiration..

let me rephrase my title..

what is wrong in dressing sexy if..(lemme add some clauses)

1) you have the figure for it..
    2) if you are extremely comfortable wearing it and carry it well..
    3) if you travel by car or have better commute..
    4) if you are living in a place where people around you are not bothered by what you do.
    5) You wear it according to the occassion..

Not that you cannot wear it otherwise but the above clauses will work in your favor to wear an outfit.

I love sexy clothes as long as they are not cheap. infact,i love seeing girls who wear those kind of clothes(not a lez ha ha but just admiring).even i love looking sexy.which woman would not?let's be honest here.If they have a good body and come under the above clause why not?

Why should society "generalize" like the above thread?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Caide, momsky and KashmirFlower like this.

2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

IMO, sexy is different for different people. For me, ultra low waist jeans, body hugging dress or tee a no no. I feel sexy in a dress or tee/ jeans combo when it hugs (skims) my curves nicely but not form fitting. Top button undone on a button down shirt that shows enough skin without showing cleavage.

anika987 and vaidehi71 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah sexy depends from people to people

As per the link I provided,the girl was wearing low hip jeans shirt too and she might have thought it was sexy for her.the guy in the mall pinched her hips for wearing low hip jeans.

If the girl looked good,if thats what she thought as sexy,if it suited her,if she is comfortable wearing it,if it did not look cheap why not?why should that guy pinch her..her only mistake is wearing it in a society which does not accept it..even then would not call it her mistake.she could have worn it in places which could have accepted her clothing and that's wat I mean.

You cannot wear a bikini and walk on busy roads but you can wear it to the swimming pool.

Also "generalization".all women cannot wear leggings.it is vulgar that's what many say.whats vulgar in a legging?if it suits you why not?

As I said the problem is "generalizing" what women should wear and should not.

nuss likes this.
  4. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Its more important to dress for yourself not others. Absolutely nothing wrong in dressing sexy. Or dressing modestly and thinking sexy.
    The problem is when the intentions are wrong. Most people dress sexy to achieve something or someone. The generalisation is because being sexy is usually linked to such behaviour. Say a girl is wearing a low cut top, it means she is wearing a low cut top. But most people connect it to her morale somehow and may label her to be manipulative.

guesshoo, vaidehi71 and anika987 like this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

OP- I didn't read the thread but the man's behavior is unacceptable regardless what the woman is wearing. Her body her wish.
    A woman can and should wear whatever she feels like. I don't like certain things but that doesn't mean no one should wear it.
    People are so ready to judge and jump to conclusions. Live and let live is my motto :).

6. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@anika987 I read a couple of pages of the thread that is posted... I can't believe the thread thrived. It happens to be woman criticize others for wearing low rise jeans.

I have a sister and we both have different body types- growing up in upper middle class and liberal parents. We were raised more or less to have a tomboyish look.
    The tomboyish look worked for my sister and me until we were teenagers. We were encouraged to wear shorts, pants, skirts. We maybe had one pair of salwar or lehenga just for the name sake.
    The min we hit puberty- boy did my mother change. It's the same woman who never said anything how we dressed had a lot to say on our clothing.
    I had it the worse.. but if you ask my sis she will say the same thing. My mother was hard! Very hard on us on the dressing. No, we weren't forced to wear salwar or lehngas overnight.... but no deep necks, no low rise, No tank tops, no crop tops ( it wasn't a trend back then.. but crop tops were there)
    Both my sis and I are petite but I am the one who never got off training bra and she never needed a training bra.
    My mother had to approve my sis's clothing before she went out :BangHead:
    Even with getting us to dress in modest clothes- both my sis and I had a bad incident and we never told our parents.

My sis and I were walking home after 6pm and one guy opened his fly and showed us his penis! ( i think we were walking back home from my sisters tuitions---I forget).I was 16 and my sis was much younger, we were so terrified that this happened but I knew if we told this incident to our parents we would be subjected to dress in outdated clothes. So nope we didn't tell. And from that point on if we wanted to come back home, we either called our driver to pick us up or my sis would ask me to get my 2 wheeler.

I can understand my mother's plight in getting us to look modest. I think it's good my mother was that way.. it saved us a lot of trouble.

I think to an extent my sis and I are comfortable in shorts and have a good sense of fashion coz we were given the freedom at an early stage. I think it is coz of the society that we kinda have to dress modest. Coz it gave my mom a bit of confidence that we would be safe if we were dressed modestly.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Some men!! I just do not understand what's wrong with them!!even I once faced this "fly" incident back at my teens when I was out with my friend.one lungi guy tried to show us his thing and it was in broad daylight in a crowded street!!
    Sick perverts!yet to come across one woman say that she has not faced sexual harassment one way or the other..

Having said that things r changing back home I guess..I see less of staring or obscene gestures but again I either travel by car or rickshaws and travel with someone most of the time.even then an young lady whom i know who travels via bus says she always faces some harassment in the buses..it is sad

I did digress

Anyways, Every woman has the right to look sexy but I always feel one should dress for their body type.you can even look sexy in a salwar kameez

The only dress which is not at all sexy on anyone is a nightie But god knows why people are dying to ban that!

vaidehi71 and blindpup10 like this.
  8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yea man!! this is something some of my friends also told me that they have faced!!
    Why why do men behave in such vulgarity!! Don't they have sisters, daughters, and mothers? Don't they think twice before doing these things?
    I seriously pity people who have to do public transport!

Yes absolutely true. Everyone should look sexy without feeling they will be harassed. I think it's that part that holds a woman back in trying to look sexy.
    It's only the men who should change their thinking and attitude. Because woman dress sexy doesn't mean men have the need to violate or harass a woman.

momsky and anika987 like this.
  9. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Nothing wrong in wearing whatever clothes anyone wants as long as they have the FIGURE for it !!!,,, otherwise as they say in US, you don't want to end up looking like a tramp/whore or from a cheap neighborhood !!..No-one will say anything but if someone doesn't have the right figure for the sexy clothes they are wearing, people would assume that person to be a tramp/whore or from a cheap neighborhood !!

anika987 likes this.
  10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

:grinning:

anika987 and vaidehi71 like this.