1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the reason why brides can't adjust with in-laws?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by abhisheknagpal1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Op the answer to your question is embedded in your question !

Tell me who likes.....interference?...who likes not getting the right to exercise their independence....who likes that their home is rules by someone else....who like ill treatment???? No one likes that.....a wife is asked to adjust to all this and more !!
    My question to you is y do you have to ask which of the above reasons we dont like? Do you like any of them if someone did that to you?

Did you expect us to write....I am not okay with interference but I am okay with ill treatment !! Come on !

Besides no MIL/FIL/BIL/SIL do one of the above...its always a combination of all of the above and we need to deal with it all alone, and its worse when husband turn a blind eye to all this.

5 people like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Not only brides, but also the grooms can't adjust the same inconvenience if they were expected to adjust. First place, I would want to know why adjustment with extended relatives are much expected in a marriage, while adjustment between spouses should be the case.

I wouldn't adjust with anyone and everyone on this earth when I am not comfortable in my life. That too, I wouldn't adjust with them for a life time. It is just impossible to me. Does my Gender important here?

4 people like this.
  3. malapandey

malapandey New IL'ite

@silvertulip

Nice one!!

4. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

Perfectly framed in words! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. anonymousladyin

anonymousladyin New IL'ite

Its like v r living with similar ppl.. Im facing same problem

6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Biased treatment between two sons and two daughter-in laws! They always feel DILs dont know anything, they the best.Get all work done and at end dont even want to accept the fact it was DIL who made her son do things for her.Idiots!:bang

7. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hi,

all what you mentioned here, and

6. keeping you away from ur parents and home, and making you feel home less and orphaned. ( ur child is theirs, and belongs to their house and not you. )

this what I personally feel.

thank you,
    resmij

2 people like this.