1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the reason behind inlaws issues???......pour in your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sridivya, Feb 19, 2010.

1. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

Because in-laws are the ones wanting to become a part of the life of a married couple. As far as initiating love / hatred is concerned, a husband and a wife should be only working on their relationship with each other first. If outsiders (boy's parents, or girl's parents) try to become a part of their marriage, then they are the ones initiating love or hatred. The couple should not be inviting outsiders to come and be a part of their marriage by initiating love / hatred for them.

1 person likes this.
  2. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

You yourself started with saying it is more your brother's fault than DIL. ANd I agree - I think it is totally your brother's fault, not his wife's. So why calling HER DIL from hell in the last paragraph??? Stop assuming that your brother is under the influence of his wife and her mother without any evidence. It could very well be the case that your brother is the bad egg.

1 person likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Old thread but good one.

1) EGO.both for inlaws and dils.
    2)POSSESSIVENESS.for both.
    3)inlaws cannot be parents and dils cannot be daughters.
    4)INSECURITY.
    5) nobody is bad.because of the above four we voluntarily and involuntarily commit mistakes.

I guess nuclear family does not work even if all is good.any relationship needs space.Especaially with all so well educated these days makes less sense to tolerate nonsense.

p.s: I have a brother for whom we r looking for a girl and my mom is a widow who lives with him.Still I ask my mother either come live with me or if she wants stay close by atleast.asking her to let brother and his wife be alone.

one thing for mothers with daughters..they r lucky as they have a daughter who will take care of them.for sons..tough even if they wants to!iam also a dil.:))