1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the reason behind inlaws issues???......pour in your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sridivya, Feb 19, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

:crazywell I wont mind being adopted by Jolie even if they consider me as an investment cos am a hard nut for anyone to crack them upto their expectations... I just dance to my own tunes:biglaugh!!! But might as well a benefit for readymade stardom. Any idea if she goes for suffering DILs with readymade kids??

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I think she hasn't gotten around to adopting grown married women yet but eventually she might LOL But its safe to assume Angelina Jolie will adopt your kids with or without you included in the package :rotfl

Oh I forgot to mention....Angelina is bi.....so if you have any expertise or relevant experience, then that might certainly help :rotfl

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

FC, I happened to meet Shakuntala Devi in person :eek.. she's pressed her brain too hard againt walls... in the name of money making :bowdown.
    Of 1/2 hr that she devoted to us.. she was busy calling banks and getting calls on how much money was transferred to bank X in US, or UK & when will some amount come to indian bank.. with her money talks I was scared if that 1/2 hr shall cost me a bomber as she had 3 credit card swipe m/c kept next to her.

I really adored her for all her mathmetic books until I met her one fateful day.... either her brain has become still or she's too old to be left out alone she was blurting anything. When me and DH met her she said.. ok who's the son and who's the mother :biglaugh:crazy:biglaugh:crazy:biglaugh:crazy.
    probably she was preoccupied with too many toughts... we just left the place to come back soon.. not before a swiping tho... Amazing to see what old age can do to so called genious.

1 person likes this.
  4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

:coffeethat reminds me of movie KS.. where rekha plays the role of instructing ladies on ways to keep their men seduced :bonk.... I think its v common to the glamour world where one stands without clothes for hours in green rooms & under a lot of sedation....... as of now I stand rejected if thats her only criteria :rotfl!!!! As per handling my kids without me I think all her maids will run away & she'll have to handover the pre-adopted kids back to their countries to save some energy for mine.... I had to hire N Nannies before I finally decided to put them in day care :hide:.

5. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

very very true..

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

The reason is that if my mother says something that I don't agree with or irritates me, I can tell her that openly. If I were to say the same thing to either MIL or FIL they take offense. Same thing that is said by their son is OK to them too.

7. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

The issues are very different and therefore hard to let go. PILs do things to create trouble for DIL intentionally which parents will never do. So it is not right to compare the issues one has with PILs to the issues one has with parents.

For example, will a mother ever tell her daughter to quit her job to serve them day in and day out? Or any such advice which is clearly bad for the girl in every way? Will a mother make her daughter live alone in a different country when sick and pregnant and try her best to create a rift between her and her husband?

The issues with PILs are harder to let go than those with parents because parents may be right or wrong but they will never WANT anything wrong for their child, whereas PILs only purpose is to keep DIL in control, not thinking whats good for her.

Intentions matter here. DILs are not small children that they cant understand who has good intentions for them and who doesn't. An issue arising out of misunderstanding can be easily let go, but that arising out of mal-intentions can not and should not be let go.

8. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

For the simple reason that wife is forced to leave her family and go live with husband's family, change her name, her identity... while the husband does not have to.
    Turn the system around and see if more fights dont start happening between Son-in-law and his PILs. Then man will become man's worst enemy.

Its not about women being women's enemy by nature, its about Patriarchy making the female members of society fight for power, so that they remain easy to control by powerful members (divide and rule policy?).

2 people like this.
  9. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

:exactly::rotfl

10. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

Absolutely agree. When will people learn this!!!