What is the favourite cusine for you and your family?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 8, 2009.

What is the favourite cusine for you and your family?

1. South Indian cusine

46 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. North - Indian / Tandoori

22 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Chinese

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Multi-cusine

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. Other International cusines like Italian, Mexican, Japanese etc.

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

well we would love to eat out different flavours of south indian food but here in Germany eating out-vegetarian the best option is Italian for us. We have stopped going out to the 'Indian restaurants' because they serve the same, badly north-indianised version of Indian food and DH feels i make better north indian food at home:thumbsup. But when we go to Chennai we binge on south indian food and also latest craze gujarati thali (drooling!)

Latha

2. shehana

shehana New IL'ite

hey all..

to be frank i like all type of food.. n i juz enjoy while eating.. since am asked to vote for which cuisine i ve chosen North Indian.. i love the variety of vegetarian food thy make.. n i get to eat tht very rarely so alws my tongue prefers to taste north indian wen i go out.. my mom makes awesome south indian dishes.. so i don wanna taste it while going hotels..

i believ in " Variety is the spice of life " :thumbsup

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

WE very frequently go to restaurant, for all occasions, and DS and DH prefer mainly south indian , very rarely go for other items, though my DS like to have some other items like PIZZA, but he need his DOSA , first and i used to eat all type of food.no reservations but at the end i will long for ATLEAST ONE SPOON OF CURD RICE

We wont argue for which restaurant to go, we have choice of 2-3 near to our places. so we will go there only, because we have no GUTS TO GET CAUGHT IN CITY TRAFFIC as well TO HUNT FOR PARKING.........OMG, tough job in chennai

4. Gnanambika

Gnanambika New IL'ite

At home I cook south indian dishes so when we go out we would like to have kababs and biryani as Hyderabad is famous for biryanis.

5. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

South indian dishes - that is the only choice. Ofcourse we will eat veg. chettinad items like Kandarappam, paniyaram etc.

Andal

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear andal,
    for chettinad varieties, have you tried'RASAM'
    RESTUARANT?
    with love
    pad

7. anleah

anleah New IL'ite

:hiyawell myself & my family loves Arabic food. kids love them more as there is not much spice.
    And like latamurali says no arguments on which restaurants to go. we have some restaurants near by, if its veg straight to Saravana Bhavan, & if its non veg right away to arabic rest.
    i voted for multi cuisine, because i love food that taste gud & are cooked well.

anita:)

8. diaa

diaa New IL'ite

Hi

Our favourite cuisine is Indian. We prefer eating non vergetarian dishes mainly chicken tikka, chicken biryani and seafood at times. Pastas,sizzlers are also one of the fav.

regards,
    diaa

9. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,
    Multi cuisine is best according to me. It gives all tastes, variety and also nutrition. Something is always good in all types of cuisines. And you don't get bored too. I also like maharashtrian food but there was no option for it.

10. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

:hiya
    my family votes for south indian food,especially the wide range of snacks ,not to forget the different types of mouth :droolwatering dosas

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009