What is the extent of........Poll for 25th Feb 2007 to 3rd Mar 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 26, 2007.

What is the extent of your children's religious instruction?

1. What we teach at home

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Slokhas and bajan classes

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. None

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Others - specify

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends
    This week the poll topic is on Religion & Beliefs.
    In most of our Indian homes, religious customs plays a vital role in shaping the individual. the elders make it a point to carry these rich culture to the next generation.
    So it is an unwritten rule on all of us parents to take forward these religious beliefs to our children.
    In this context, I would like to ask this question and request the ladies to vote on same.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    My mother is very religious and would have been happy if I have showed my feelings in this aspect, by chanting slokas, fasting and doing pooja daily. But, I believe in a one to one talk with God, even though I can recite all the slokas. I tell my son about God and the supreme power, I have got him many books about our scriptures and puranas. I also tell him all which I know about these.
    But one thing I insist to him- always work hard and then you will get its result. Do not be lazy and then expect God to give you good results.

3. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

i STRONGLY AGREE TO THAT WE SHOULD CARRY FORWARD THE RELIGIOUS BELEIFS TO OUR CHILDREN.
    THOSE BELEIFS SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSED ON THE NEXT GENERATION INFACT WE SHOULD LEARN THE NEXT GEN WITH THE LOGIC AND REASON BEHIDE THEM LIKE
    WHY SHOULD WE USE TURMERIC AND WHY SHOULD WE DO FASTING FOR EVERY FORTNIGHT.
    ANYWAY FOR SOME CUSTOMS AND BELIFS WE CANNOT FIND REASON AND LOGIC AND WE SHOULD FOLLOW THEM IF THEY ARE APT FOR NOW AND ARE POSSIBLE.

KRISH

4. mahila

mahila New IL'ite

believing in God or not should be a personal choice.we should let our children decide for themselves in stead of asking them to follow our customs and rituals.I for one never tell my child to pray .Children are more influenced by their peers than elders nowadays.I believe in the saying"work is worship".
    regards,
    mahila