1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is 'Sunday's best' dress code?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sunitha, Jun 16, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Can somebody please let me know what is meant by 'Sunday's best' dress code? My son's Pre-K graduation ceremony is coming up and this is the dress code for that day.

Similar Threads
    1. Neetz
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Shireen

Shireen New IL'ite

Sunitha,

I realise I am quite late in replying but "Better late that never", eh? Sunday's Best is a term used to describe formal clothes usually worn to church on Sundays. In olden days in England, people wore workmen's clothes during the rest of the week to work on their farms and on Sunday wore their best and cleanest outfits to church. Hence the term 'Sunday's Best'.

For your son ceremony, it means a formal pants and shirt (not the usual jeans and t shirt)...

I hope all of you had a good time at the little one's graduation.
    Shireen.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Shireen.

The graduation was on 22nd June in California.It went very well.He wore a normal pant and a polo shirt. Even though the dress code was announced,many kids were wearing jeans,shorts,in fact anything.I think at their level(kindergarten),it is really not mandatory to wear formals.Anyway,under that graduation gown,nothing was visible:mrgreen: ,so who cares what they wore.

Thanks once again,atleast I got a response from someone. Better late than never.:2thumbsup:

4. Shireen

Shireen New IL'ite

Yeah Sunitha, even for my son's mini graduation ceremony, no one really cared what the little ones wore. For them it was a day when they were extra special and a time for them to have fun and show what they learned to their parents... And they all wore what they felt comfy in....

Good to hear your response, though. And get to enjoy all your little ones activities!!
    Best,
    Shireen.