1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What is so special in your city/town?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rajmiarun, Sep 18, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

What is so special in your city or town? When we come to visit to your city/town what will be the best thing that we could shop for and where could we get that.

For eg in Hyderabad, we could go in for pearls and pearl set. Like wise we will have speacility items in each place, if you could all share here we can all be benefitted.

Thanks in advance. I want to start this because I love to do shopping for special items.

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rajmiarun

I'm from Delhi and delhi is all about shopping...whether its for ethnic or western outfits...

in delhi you cold go to famous markets like Greater Kailash, often called GK - II M Block market... you can get good American brand Jeans like "Seven", Guess, gap... Miss Sixty over there... which is difficult to find in India... you could get great Bags... amazing footwear... and all the things fashionable and "IN"... Also there are a lot of private labels... people with their own fashion labels and boutiques... where you can get good western tops and ethnic stuff like suits and Lehenga's on a higher range but very different designs and exclusive too... overall you get an international experience...

then you can always go to Chandni Chowk which is the hub of ethnic fashion... and you can get great tradaitional jewellery, real artificial both... also you could see the latest fashions in lehengas and suits.... and this place is great for eating out too...and then there are places like Janpath, Khan market, Lajpat nagar, Karol bagh which are great for shopping.

~Abha

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Abha,

Thanks for your response. This is going to help not only me but many who plan to visit Delhi.

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

In Kancheepuram, near Chennai, You get silk sarees. You can get them directly from the weavers. You could even order for your own designs. Getting it from the weavers directly than getting it from the retail shops is really a good thing for we will be getting at a less price and also we will be helping the weavers.