What is happiness

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by smitag, Dec 17, 2007.

1. smitag

smitag New IL'ite

I see this all around me.People with jobs want a promotion.People with no kids want kids.People with boys want girls etc etc etc .The list goes on.What is happiness and what exactly are we looking for in life.I have been thinking on those lines in my life and was just curious to know what you think.

Smita

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Smita,
    Very right. No one is fully satisfied. When you look for or want something and once you get it it kind of loses its value. All of us look for greener pastures. That is human I guess. Happiness is a state of mind and it is in you to find satisfaction in what you have. My thoughts.

3. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

S....its true happieness lies in ones own thinking.When we fulfil one wish we just shift to another thing & thinking of tht 2 get...So we have 2 b satisified at some extent.ofcourse we should have a wish r dream of some ....But try to hardwork up 2 we can if not possible dont b upset...we can have any wish ....But the wish should b not at so high at a time.

Try 2 achieve wht u dream ...but not 2 b unhappy when it doesnt fulfil..try until u can.B satisified wht we have.

4. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,
    my idea of happiness is slightly different..
    According to me happiness is being able to share other person's happiness from the bottom of one,s heart..& if God willing contribute to this happiness in any which way!
    I always pray to God that please do NOT give me so much that I do not enjoy things when I possess them for the 1st time..leave a few things that i long for--so that I always be the asker:?

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

when you are not worried about money, job, family and etc....i think u can be truly in peace and happy.

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi smitag,
    This is a million dollar question?One joins as a trainee in office,once he has been promoted to a higher post,he wants to become a manager.This is human tendency.We never feel contented.We feel that the person next door is happy while the other thinks vice versa.The grass is always greener on the other side.Normally people do have reservations abt happiness.One thinks that if we are living in our own apartment ,we are happy.Teen age girls feels that only if they are beautiful they may be happy.We concede that only if we lead a life of how we want to be,we will be happy and we ourselves do not allow happiness to come in unless our life becomes synonymous to our imaginary scenario .As for the saying goes,"happiness is a state of mind.If we want to be happy,happy we are".

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Smita
    Human wants are unlimited. We all agree on this. But a person who is happy with whatever he/she has got, without seeing into what the other person is having. keeping yourself happy in all the small things u have and happening around you. A human being is not fully happy in life. To obtain this goal(to get full happiness) he has to leave this worldly life and become a monk and go into the path of God.