1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Getting Ready In Your Kitchen For This Diwali

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Another interesting thread from you Sunkan! Yes, me too would like to be in your guest list!
    Shanvy, that was some Grace indeed. You have been lucky, v lucky...Do keep away from the hot oil for now. Almost everything is sold today, do buy some goodies and have a lovely Deepawali.

L, Kamla

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shanthi
    Thank Lord you are fine. Why you want to take the trouble ya??? you get all the stuff in India just buy and enjoy it.
    Wish you and your family VERY HAPPY DIWALI AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Attached Files:

3. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Gosh! I don't know how you ladies find the time and the energy to make all those wonderful items in your own kitchen. Yes nothing can beat homemade sweets etc but this is just a dream for me. I work full time and managing all that would be totally impossible. Luckily there are some nice shops here in London where one can purcahse Diwali items. One particular shop which is (I think) the best and sells edible goods is about 50 minutes drive from home. I must admit, nothing this shop sells is any comparison at all with what we get in India. Whenever I go to India I never miss a chance to get straight down to Karol Bagh in Delhi for my favourite sweet shop! hmm

Good luck to you all nice ladies, have fun and enjoy Diwali. Hope it brings you all plenty of luck and happiness.

Regards

4. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi All
    Nice thread.
    let me tell u wat is cooking in my kitchen..
    I m working full time andhave to manage a 2 year old at home so hardly get time to make many items..but I m very interested in making things at home and enjoying them

yest I made namak pare..I plan to make besan laddoo and chudwa today..lets see wat happens..

planning to make maddur vada also

Happy Diwali to one and all.

Jaishree:hiya

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kamla
    Thanks I'm just trying to make something with what ever is available here.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

thanks for your concern...really feel so happy that you are all full of love and concern.....

Varloo,

Saw all your goodies in the chith thread..but what about savouries...I dont have a sweet tooth at all..but the halwa looks tempting...

Aruna,

Your goodies are also tempting..but i am inviting myself only for the chivdas ....

7. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi sunkan
    Ive made only kajukatli..im plannin to make mysorepak,gulabjamun and ribbon pakoda..If possible butter muruku too...

Shanvy,
    Thank gud u r fine...Its really god's miracle!!
    My mom used to call me often whenevr i make savories and ask me to be extra careful while handling hot oil...

Cheers
    Ramya

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

So far I have made - ribbon pakoda, mullu thenkuzhal and besan milk burfi. Since I work full time, I made these over the weekend and ordered that no one is to touch them until Friday!!

Shanvy - hope you are feeling better now - oil burns can be so painful - take care.

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Ladies nice to see all the yummy stuff being made in all your homes:drool:drool

Shanti, God does show small mercies on us all. Am so glad that you did not have a major incident, and escaped intact. Hope and pray the rest of deepavali goes of well. As everyone has said, get all your sweets and snacks from one of the shops.

Well as for me, whats cooking in my place? I am making Thattai, dates halwa and basandhi ( both with sweetner, since DH is diabetic).
    Thats all. just keeping it simple this time.

Vandhana

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sunkan for starting this thread!

Thank God, Shanthi for the escpape!
    Hope you are alright now!

mine I am still guessing...
    may post it after Deepavali because guessing will be over, isn't it?

sriniketan

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007