what is best US or UK ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by srsjyothi, Sep 6, 2007.

1. srsjyothi

srsjyothi New IL'ite

i would like to know about the lifestyle in US. if some one can differentiate between US and UK about the way of living, savings, future growth.

so many friends says...
    UK is better than USA...
    If you are married it is better you stay in UK. in USA, no job is permanent. You dont know when you will be asked to leave the company. Adv with UK is , u get permanent jobs. Most of them are permanent. You can stay at one place. In USA, most of the jobs are contracting (unless u find a permanent job). So you need to keep moving from one state to another , which is not easily if you are married.

Other aspects do matter. you should have a car in USA. with out that you are handicapped. In UK, you dont need to have a car..
    UK is small country with less oppurtunities, USA is 10 times larger than UK with huge oppurtuinites. to travel from one state another state itself, you have to spend lot of your resources(time,money) ....

is it right?

give ur advises...its urjent..

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I personally don't know about UK but I have heard that the cost of living there is very high...

3. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

hello Jyothi, very pleasant evening!

Personally i do not know which country is the best. But i have sources of information for you regarding the same (of course from internet). But it will help me more if you state the reason for your question. Because, i still do not know or understand what exactly is your requirement.

Hope these sites guide you. The 1st three are for the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_of_living_in_the_United_States#Social_class

Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personal income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These 2 are for UK and the 2nd one here contains a lot of sub-directives and gives you a detailed insight.

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/livingstandards/measuring_sol.htm

National Statistics Online

hope my info were of some use to you!!:)