1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What irritates you the most???????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SoundVijay, Jan 25, 2010.

1. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi Folks,

Just share with us the actions of your MIL irritate you the most.............

My MIL's attitude towards saving money irritates me a lot. Need to switch off the lights and fans all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Sound.

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Same here. What's even more irritating is if I leave the lights on, she points out, but she herself often leaves the light/fan on in her room.

3. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

My situation is quite opposite to you both(vijay and monita).

she spends alottttt for useless things and always back of money..even though his sons and husband give her..

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Mine loves to spend on her daughter and on her daugther's children.
    encourages my DH to spend on them.

But never on me :rant

5. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

No offense, but that is a good thing. I myself follow it, not because of saving money but for saving the planet:)

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

her nosy character
    and she is very manipulative if she says something to me and infornt of my dh if i confront her she boldly says no ..great actor :bowdown

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Ha! Nice way to start off the week. Where shall I begin?

1. Wants us to hand over our entire savings to her daughters, when she herself has never given a single paisa to me.

2. The false sense of 'honor' that made her tell everyone her son had an arranged marriage when it was actually a love marriage. I mean everyone knows what kind of person she is and would never believe she went for an inter-caste marriage.

3. Saying something else and doing something else. Like she tells me not to nap in the day but does so herself.

4. it is perfectly ok for her daughters not to visit/stay with in-laws but I am supposed to spend every second of my india vacation at their house only.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  8. caligirl

caligirl New IL'ite

hey girls,
    During meals, my MIL takes too much rice into her plate, mixes the rice with the curry/ gravy and if she cant finish it, she puts it back along with the remaining fresh plain rice. ....... :(........... I never asked her to take less rice but do offer seperate box to store the remaining food from her plate...... She found this very offensive and..... of course complained to dh !

9. swaram

swaram Senior IL'ite

1. Treats sons children different from daughters children. sons kids don't even count. Lands from india and opens 2 full boxes of gifts for the daughters kids and tells my son these are all for your cousins, not even one small item for my kid.

2. expects her son to take care of her/SIL's family and ignore his family. My kids are my responsibilty.

3. When I passed an exam, DH was visiting his sister and MIL was there too. When I informed them, DH said great, when i come back, I will bring you some gift. Guess what he comes empty handed - apparently MIL told him to give a gift to his sister to celebrate my success in exams. Of course I blame DH for not using his head and just following mom's instructions. He gave a gift to his sister and nothing for me. Even today this incident gets me irritated with both MIL and DH.

4. Leaves lights etc on at my place all the time, sets heating temp at 80 degrees, but at daughters wears sweater since the heat is set at 62 degrees, but when we visit her, she will come into our room in the middle of the night and turn of AC conserving her electricity charges.

Well the list is endless, but i am going to stop.

Swaram

10. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

-Mil puts too much oil and actually says its good for health, since body has to have fat too.

-Mil keeps old food in the fridge and next day instead of eating that cooks new food and the old food is thrown out after 3 days.

-Mil and Fil ask for expensive gifts like car, gold etc very casually that we are left stunned.

-Mil talks to relatives all day long and makes DH talk too, but never likes me or DH talking to my relatives or parents.

-Mil never lets me cook anything when guests come so that she can take all the compliments herself.

-Mil likes to boast about her family, children and their heritage all the time.

and the list goes on ...