1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens at 40 and 60 years of age?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srini

Actually I too wanted to say me do have menopause, but it just slipped out of my mind while writing. But I was glad to read that Dr's message. You did well. I feel happy when I come across such discussions. kanaka

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Kanaka for your interest in this matter and also like discussions...

sriniketan

3. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

I cant write much as I have not yet reached my thirties even. I still see my perception much in sync with what Kanaka has written and the experiences of Chitvish.

But to add to the present scenarios, we are much unstable in this world due to the stiff competition faced by us(in our 40's) and our children (in their teens). So we are forced to be stressful and also we are in 40's when our children are in their teens we have lots of hassles created by the growth of technology, culture and western influence(correct me if I am wrong on he statement) and we need to get them on right track and we need to explain many things to answer most of their questions. Now a days we in corporate world have great dificulty in balancing corporate and personal life and time to spend time with our kids and make them speak from their heart frankly and freely and clarify their doubts responsibly(Which the present days schools are not succesful in patching the gaps). I read recently in one one of the weklies that India tops in the number of teen deaths. So parents at the present days are forced to bcome watch DOGS and respond to their childrens changes and reactions in a responsible way. We are responsible in moulding them as best citizens and future of the nation. THis is the same period where we need to grow our wealth which was saved during our early days , So that too ads to the stress of 40's to be a dog in keeping our dear ones financially stable and safe

At Sixties most of our work is done successfuly in either growing up our kids or getting all our basic needs and sparing the rest of them for the kids. In some peoples life (when I am in Sixties) they whould have their spouse to have passed away. Also as the children get settled they would have moved to places where their career demands. And hence we would have to life in solitude excerpt for our better halves if surviving. So our mind would be roaming around our dear ones like GHOST though we are miles away from them.

Expecting your valuable comments on my views and perception.

4. Sriniketan

svrlax,
    I agree with your views on this matter..either be it 40 or at 60 years...

At 40s all parents face the same situation, which we are facing now...Rant
    At 60s, I should wait and see...mind ref. to a ghost is a good way to put it in...heheehe..

sriniketan

5. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srini and all

Did you all read the sunday Magazine section of 'Hindu'?. An interview on Shoba De discussing about a woman at 60? kanaka Very interesting. kanaka

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  6. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

Here is the link The Hindu : Magazine : ‘Sixty is the new 40’ . Thanks Kanaka for sparing the information....

7. Sriniketan

svrlax,
    Thanks for the link will go through it....

sriniketan

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

In my case everythimg has been late. I was married at the age of 29 years. Got my first kid only at the age of 33 years. At the age of 48 my first daughter went to 10th Std and I had hip bone fracture. When i thought now since the children have grown up there will be less problems due to the fracture i had some difficult times. But with the grace of God i could go through that phase. I was working also.

Though children were born late by the age of 61 my three children were married.
    Only thing i have still not become grandmother. I agree with u Sri we become wise as we grow up. Now i am enjoying my retired life going to marriages, attending to bhajans and other functions. Children are staying separate and enjoying their life and learning to be independent. Women are more courageous than men and can face anything and adjust also. For a man if his wife dies it is very difficult for him to lead the life espectiallly when he is more than 50. But a woman manages everything.

9. Sriniketan

Viji,
    Sorry for the late response..
    Read your experiences at 40s and 60s, which youhad faced it courageously..Bowto you..
    True, men are weaker at heart than women...

sriniketan

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri

Thanks for your reply.. Your message encourages me to face life with courage.

with love and blessings

viji