1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Does Compost Have In Common With Skeletons Dug Up In Africa?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 3, 2016.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The mind is a funny little thing. OK, let me be more specific. Mine is. It seems to be rushing all over the place. One minute it is thinking of something and then five minutes later it is somewhere else altogether. Thought A leads to thought B to C to D to E ...... ad infinitum. Thought A and thought N might be in totally different realms but they are all connected if you see the whole picture ..... just as the universe is all connected even if they are parallel universes connected by portals or black holes or whatever .....

I must have travelled through a portal this last week. Too much time on my hand you might say. But that is perfectly alright, 'cause that is not untrue ..... if you'd call a 5 day break too much time away from work. So it started with my composting and gardening and cribbing about the crazily hot weather. The thought led me to investigate the cause of such global weather changes as are being reported the world over. Who better than Google Uncool to give me the lowdown? Uncool Google is great friends with Youtube. So he recommended me to ask Youtube aunty. Youtube aunty gave me a whole list of videos which she recommended me to watch. Never mind whether it concerned what I was looking for or not. Anyway, I have never been given to obeying blindly, no, not even Youtube aunty. So I browsed stuff for weather changes, chanced upon changes in the magnetic poles of the earth, drastic weather changes, how it was being hidden from us by the Illuminati, how the British Royal Family and the Illuminati were shape shifting aliens to the history of the British history back to Queen Victoria, to how Queen Elizabeth is not the legitimate heiress to the throne, how her uncle was a traitor, how there was a skeleton in the royal cupboard - a prince who died at the age of 13 and was said to suffer from autism and epilepsy. (It broke my heart to know that his name is not mentioned in their family trees because it is something they would not like to acknowledge publicly. So much for family relationships). Anyway, the British family's skeletons led back to the Nikolais and their tragedy to the fact that some bones found in Africa were those of Princess Maria. So eventually digging in the garden and handling decomposed matter viz. compost has a logical connection to digging up Russian skeletons from Africa!!!

Was talking to my personal Bertie Wooster today (I am his Aunt Dahlia ..... or Agatha, depending on the mood). "What have you been upto"? he asked. I told him the story. This is like the story about the red fire engines. Here is how it goes:

An anti-joke (coincidence that 'aunty's' line of thinking is not far different from this) or spiral thinking?

Time to get back to real life and start preparing for the 'Illuminati' whom I have to teach starting day after. Sigh!

jskls, Shanvy, knbg and 3 others like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Satchi,

I went from what, why to I get it! No not really. The only part I got is the fact that your mind is indeed racing! Girl. Hang on. Enjoy that composting and gardening so what if it is hot? don't let the mind wander. You know it has to come back to that teaching. Don't you? I had that aha moment when I finally understood why fire engines are red. Forget climate change, do what you do always the right thing and a million right people doing the right thing will help :)

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Oh dear! Sabitha. You too, Brutus! Thought you might understand the connection. Tells me I'm going bonkers and it's time to stop watching videos. Whether the magnetic poles are shifting or not, the polarity of my mind certainly seems to be or is that also the effect of the shift in the poles? :astonished: :eek: :yikes:

knbg and Srama like this.
  4. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Satchi
    You have described me! Are you a mind reader too?

5. satchitananda

Glad to have company Shobhamma. I was beginning to suspect that people have written me off for a loony and feel safer not venturing to my threads any more! :-D

6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Satchi,

I went all over the place now :) , mind travel. YouTube is definitely a black hole where one can fall into without worrying where it takes you. A temporary escape from reality ;) .

7. satchitananda

True, Scorpio, but one thing leads to another and to another. While there are a lot of informative videos, there are some which one does not know what to make of and hopes are not true, there are some 'feel good' ones and some are downright 'fantastic'. The trouble is if one does this for a few days at a stretch, it is hard to come back to the land of the living. It takes a day to get back to the routine! :p

Scorpio707 likes this.
  8. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Talk about land of living :facepalm: . It takes days for me to get back to routine LOL :)

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satvhi,
    Mind jumps and jumps like a monkey. Previously it was only imagination used to go everywhere. Now we have a tool Google to check if our imagination is right or wrong...at the click of a mouse. We go on jumping from one site another.....endless. We have to stop somewhere. But ultimately mind comes back to our chores and duties. Enjoy your gardening
    Dear Satchi,
    Yes, mind is a monkey. Our imagination used to run a lot. Now we have a tool called google to check if we are right or not. In that process a lot of things are exposed to us....chain. Goes on and on. But ultimately we have to come back to our life, duties, responsibilities.
    Enjoy your gardening.
    Syamala

10. satchitananda

Hi Syamala, been a long time. How are you doing?

Yes, the mind is a monkey and keeps jumping from thought to thought. Gardening at the moment is low key due to the heat and water shortage. Back to work today. Good to have a few hours off the net and with real people. :) Tho' I must say, the net is not such a bad thing after all. I mean, I did get to see some really informative videos. Strange how I used to hate history in school - I never understood the underlying intrigues. Now that one is in a position to understand, it is good to go back and learn things one did not know earlier. It is interesting to get an insight into how the world operates.