What does ADEC age cut off mean?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Sarr, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Sarr

Sarr Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to relocate to AUH in 1-2 months.My older kid turned 10 in October 2013.She is studying in grade 5 in a CBSE school in India.She joined KG1 when she was 3 years and 8 months old(with classes beginning in June in India)

However,I find the new ADEC rule confusing.They say that the cut off age for admission to KG1 is 3 years and 8 months on March 1.Does that mean the child should be 10 years and 8 months by March1 for her to get admission to class 6?

Please see the link of Bhavans AUH.
    This is what they say-
    Minimum age group for admission
    o 3 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : KG1
    o 4 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : KG2
    o 5 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : Grade 1
    o 6 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : Grade 2
    o 7 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : Grade 3
    o 8 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : Grade 4
    o 9 years & 8 months, as on 1st March : Grade 5

They haven't mentioned about class 6.But does that mean its understood and that my child should be 10 years and 8 months old on March 1,2014 to get admission to class 6?My child will be 10 years and 4 months only.
    I am terribly disappointed.I cant imagine her losing a year,she comes first in whatever she does-academic or literary.I cant imagine her sitting in the same class again.Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. smiletoday

smiletoday Senior IL'ite

Dear Sarr
    getting admission here is really a big issue.be prepared to face....but dont loose hope.i heard only kg and class 1 they are particular about age...in higher classes u need not worry about that.when ur child is talented she will b accepted everywhere.she has to write an entrance exam in main subjects and according to her performance and the availability of seats she will b selected.dont keep hope in one particular school but apply in many schools.All the best. (my child is also in bhavans in class 5).
    smiletoday.

3. mariasalwa

mariasalwa New IL'ite

hi all

gettin admission in kg1 really difficult. ..my son vl b
    3.6 yrs in march vl he nt be abl to get admission in
    any indian school..... he already goin nursery n doin well...

I dnt understand wt to do....pls any parent facin da same age
    problem may help me....pls suggest wt to do....

4. Sarr

Sarr Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Smile today,I am much worried about shifting to an altogether new place.We've visited DXB several times but being there,leaving the family and raising kids in a strange place is bit scary.Could you suggest schools which follow CBSE curriculum?

My younger one who will be 2 on Jan 30 will have to wait until she turns 4.2,I guess :(