What Do You Think Of Yourself Seeing Accomplished People

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SeekingMind, Jul 10, 2021.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

When you come across accomplished people what does it make you feel about yourself?
    Since I am not that accomplished so I feel I should have taken life and things more seriously not the laid back way that I am always and should have made more out of myself.
    I feel I wasted lot of time . I feel angry at myself.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You did what you did in the past based on the information, experience and resources available to you at the time. Accept your past and don't waste any more time looking back.

Regret is a wasted emotion unless you do something about it. It's never too late to chase your dreams. Grandma Moses famously started her career at 78.

ranju5 and SeekingMind like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Truth to be told,am not even bothered.

For me..what everyone else is doing is their own and their dreams and they are and everyone of us should do it to satisfy their self.

Good for them and hats off for whatever everyone is doing.

Accomplishment differs from person to person.

For me..I get inspired by people who do amazing yoga and that is accomplishment for me.That could make me envious but in a good way.I try to take inspiration.

Some maybe academically accomplished but that does not interest me.

I get inspired by my aunt who is so soft spoken and faced so many hurdles and insults and she is so content and happy and that is an accomplishment.

Society has a different set of list for accomplishments but if everyone tries to go by the book,they will achieve but they won’t be happy if that is not their dream.

YOUR dream and when you achieve it is an accomplishment.

I am very happy with whatever I have done in my life but what angers me is when people try to tell me otherwise and what I should do.People should really stop forcing their beliefs and perceptions of what is right and what is a success on others.coz honestly it could be a success for them but in others eyes..even what they think is an accomplishment could mean nothing.

Some bluntly say it and put their ego in place but many are diplomatic.

ranju5 and SeekingMind like this.
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Realisation is good and necessary. Realisation increases and improves life and regretting is a wrong response to realisation. Getting angry about yourself is channelizing your energies in the wrong direction.

It's never too late to construct yourself, dream and pursue those dreams. Don't be too obsessed about other's accomplishments. You don't know their journey. Had you known, maybe you wouldn't choose to go after that accomplishment.

Above all, contentment is the greatest treasure.

ranju5, SeekingMind and anika987 like this.