What do you think of banking with ICICI?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by yamusarna, Apr 3, 2008.

1. shobana007

shobana007 New IL'ite

I am quite displeased with them as well. The story is about a year or so old but nevertheless it strongly indicated their non-professional behavior.
    I had given a cheque to my mom during my visit to India in 2007 and she had promptly deposited it in ICICI since we shared the a/c. After 2 months, suddently they realized that my papers were destroyed in Mumbai's 2005 flood and all nre records are apparently stored there. They sent a few more forms to be completed, etc. which took another 2 months. Ultimately my mom couldnt cash the check and they charged a penalty for this whole proceedings which wastheir fault entirely, their sloppy method of handling. I sent in a flaming letter and closed the a/c. Now I have opened with another bank and I do e-transfer which takes away the hassles.

They're over-rated I feel.

-shobana

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh dear.... very sorry to hear such bad experiences. We have been customers with ICICI for the past 6 years and no problems as such. Also we use their money2india frequently and never faced any issues. Infact when my fil's signature had some issues they were very supportive and sorted out quick!

Latha

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Many private banks like ICICI, Citibank, HDFC have been rapped on the knuckles by RBI due to their fraudulent practices. Nowadays the banks are being careful in their dealings but it will take a long time before they become customer friendly.

If you have small problem with the bank like delaying of payments, give them an earful at every opportunity.
    But if they misplaced/misused your friends, please go ahead and file a complaint with the bank's ombuds person. They are responsible to keep the fraudulent practices of the banks in check.
    You can also approach your loacl consumer court. In most cases, threatening them with a legal action would do the trick.