1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about your MIL/FIL??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meharnisa, Apr 21, 2010.

1. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Re: MIL is an Angel or Devil?

Am happy to know that some angel MIls do exist on earth:)
    Well my MIl fulfills all criterion in Devils category (in fact she has more qualities (not listed here) to be a Devil):bowdown

Meharnisa

In my case My MIL didnt have any experience of a MIL coz my Dh's grandparents were no more at the time of her marriage. My MIL took This training from her mother (who is a monster in law for her DILs ):crazy

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. mithra

mithra New IL'ite

my MIL is devil .. qualifies with all the listed bullets..

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I am very much Lucky in this case

I would like to include my FIL also at this time...Both My MIL and FIL are a true Angel

:hatsoff to them

Doesn't expect much from me..Does everythin for me...Loves to see me and my hubby together...Never interferes in our issues and even if my hubby does somethin wrong,she ll tell him tat its wrong..They treat me like their own daughter,believe me completely...share their happiness and sorrows with me...support me completely

there are lot more i can keep tellling...

I know tat just a word thanks would not be sufficient but anyways i would like to say thanks to whatever they have done for me till now

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2010
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I am very much Lucky in this case

I would like to include my FIL also at time...Both My MIL and FIL are a true Angel

:hatsoff to them

Doesn't expect much from me..Does everythin for me...Loves to see me and my hubby together...Never interferes in our issues and even if my hubby does somethin wrong,she ll tell him tat its wrong..They treat me like their own daughter,believe me completely...share their happiness and sorrows with me...support me completely

there are lot more i can keep tellling...

I know tat just a thanks would no suffice but anyways like to say thanks to whatever they have done for me till now

5. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

My dear Angels

Angel or Evil or devil what ever the name you call it but treat them as human being.
    One day we are going to be in that place na?

".........Be firm that your mother in law respects your wishes. If she shows up uninvited despite your request to call first, gently turn her away. You may be her daughter in law but you can stick to your guns!......."

Call your mother in law just to say hi. Being a great daughter in law starts with being thoughtful.kantha

6. Meharnisa

Meharnisa Silver IL'ite

[QUOTE=kanthaeikon;1167139]My dear Angels

Angel or Evil or devil what ever the name you call it but treat them as human being.
    One day we are going to be in that place na?

".........Be firm that your mother in law respects your wishes. If she shows up uninvited despite your request to call first, gently turn her away. You may be her daughter in law but you can stick to your guns!......."

Call your mother in law just to say hi. Being a great daughter in law starts with being thoughtful.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Kantha Amma,
    I disagree with your quotes.

We knows that they are also a human beings.If they are good.Why we need to tell them as Devil.You can see some peoples are mentioned their MIL as Angel.I agree with that because they got wonderful MIL which we didnot get.

If we get ,even if they change.We will join our MIL in Angel team.

While we are going their place.I am sure,We will not treat our DIL like the same way what they are treating us right now.Because we are suffering too much pain now.We will not give the same pain to our DIL in future.

All fingers are not in same size.Same like that there is up & down in human heart also.Some of them have gud heart & some of them have bad heart.

If our MIL will change as good.We will feel that We are the most luckiest person in the world.

Sorry ma! Dont mistaken me!I told the truth ( what i feel).

7. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

My MIL is now-a-days an angel. She has never interfered in me and my husband's matters, if she does so, she does advice only the right thing in that place.
    Sometimes she treats me like her own daughter very much and I should say my FIL also joins her.
    The once a slight bit of a devil MIL has now blossomed in to an angel for the most part, after me and my co-sister gave her some shock treatments.
    And she has always wanted me and my husband to be happy. And I m lucky for that.
    Actually I help her in household chores, infact she is the main person working for most of the time though we have a maid.
    Only thing about her that I dont like is that she is always afraid that I might seperate her from my hubby. Her eyes tells so.
    In the beginning there existed some sort of mis-understandings, but its now all ok and she has understood me well.
    Once I wanted to be away from her for some misunderstandings and the way she used to be, but now I dont think to that extent. I have decided to look after both my parents and his parents in their future lives, even if my sister or his brothers are'nt willing to do so.

8. BeautifulSoul

BeautifulSoul New IL'ite

Definitely an Angel :2thumbsup: She is very sweet and loving.

9. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

My MIL has gray shades, She does not interfere in our monetary affairs, household etc but never involves me in family matters, I dont get any love and affection from her, her daughter is supreme and her daughter's in-laws are completely ignored by ILs family.. In this home, SIL is a leader, and I am an outsider who has no say and is given royal ignore.
    FIL and SIL are complete full blown devil
    BIL is mild devil who talks sweet but plays his games quietly....

10. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

how can you alone think like this thread ideas mehar!!!
    your difference and the pictures seems too good!:thumbsup