1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about your MIL/FIL??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meharnisa, Apr 21, 2010.

1. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

My ILs...

·<Treating DIL as same like her daughter>
    they say to everyone that am their daughter...but they expect me to behave like am indebted to them for life ( dunno for what)...when they are in good mood...will talk to me normally..and in bad mood...treat me as if am the other woman and not wife of my H...

· Will not interfere in son & DIL personal life
    Cannot do this even if their life depended on this!! They must know each and everything happening in our life..goes through all my belongings and every nook and corner of the house when am not in house...H had to hide contraceptives so that they dont find it!!
    Enter the room even if door is closed..without bothering to find out which state we are in!!

· Will not interfere in money issues
    I thought they didnt..but when they started questioning my H how I can give money to my parents,...i lost respect for them...H gives money to them monthly for which I dont have any issues...

· Will share all the household chores
    Yes...this is the only good thing i think..and that too coz my MIL doesnt know anything other than household work and gossip..spends entire day in kitchen and cleaning even though we have maid...overdoes it many times and gets scolding from FIL and H...

· Must not talk gossips about DIL & her family
    Cannot live without gossip...MIL's only hobby is gossip besides household work...and all her relatives know abt me..bad things...dunno if she has told anything good abt me...fights with one sibling and gossips to the other..next day its the reverse...

· Encouraging DIL in every moves
    Hmmm..not really..she shows off that she cares but no..my career is second to my H's career even though mine is going well...my likes n dislikes are not even considered by ILs....all they can see is their son...

Scolding DIL & her family
    Yes...even though i respect them..if i ask them to even lower tv volume, they start shouting that i dont respect them and bring my family into everything!!

as aparnag said...getting married to only son is really a big problem...