What Do You Do With The Oil Used For Deep Frying??

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Naveena, May 3, 2007.

1. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

oh dats a gud idea......
    but 4 people who dont hv servant maids?????

lolz

2. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

As Krishnaama and Induslady rightly said, we need to plan our frying schedules properly. In our diet plans we have deep frying recipes only on occassions. So if I am going to prepare vada or any deep frying item like snacks etc. I ensure to empty the oil in the first usage itself by planning to fry appalam, vathal, mor milagai etc.
    I never keep the oil for any consumption after it is used once. Also, by planning efficiently we can surely avoid wastage. It is my humble personal feeling that even maids are human beings like us. Doctors keep advising that once the oil is heated, it is not at all fit for any type of heating again or just consuming without heating also. I have seen the health impacts of using heated oil in my aunt's families. It can be seen only after many years. So let us get into the healthier and preventive concepts of cooking. Only solution is use only required amount of oil if affordability is the factor. Else, just for the sake of affordability we are compromising the health of our family members which is priceless.

3. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

i had same question in mind..thank you ladies

4. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi
    since op asked what you do with used frying oil i answered it like that. but people who are not having servant maid must use less oil. or they need not fry at home just kidding ......

lakshmi

1 person likes this.
  5. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Thats cool lakshmi....

Better they dont fry at all... lolz
    get fried stuffs from stores....

Or as pointed by others, can be followed...

its double benefit, savings one side, and on the other it would less work too...

Nandri

6. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Yes, re-used/over-heated oil changes in its chemical composition and is very bad for health. :( We hardly do any frying at home, in the past one year we did it only once - to fry vadas. Vadas were tasty but the tyres(around hips) that came after that didn't look all that nice. :( Even for that matter many people get into the wrong notion that Olive oil is lesser in fat and can be used liberally for frying. Actual fact is Olive oil is just oil at the end of the day which changes in chemical composition when you deep fry/over heat it. Its best used only for salad dressing or very light heating. We did't know this fact till I attended a class here on Healthy eating. Till then my mom back home was finishing off 1 bottle of Olive oil per week thinking its very healthy. ;-) Also, its better to measure the amount of oil we use for cooking rather than pouring it from the jar/bottle directly and think proportional to the number of people in the household. Men usually don't identify the difference if we use lesser oil until we use our big mouths and say - see I have done this for our good health but probably MILs could. :p

7. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

i have one doubt ladies...here using same oil more than twice is not recommended for deep frying..does it mean 2 times on different days or using the same oil to cook 2 lots at the same time? suppose i have to fry paneer which are more in quantity,so can i do in in 2 lots(will than mean double used oil)

1 person likes this.
  8. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

I re-use it some times..!!