1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do For Halloween?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Amica, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Please share with us how you celebrate Halloween: traditions, decorations, costumes, candy. :)

Do you decorate your home? Do you hand out goodies? Do you go door-to-door with your LO(s)?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

vaidehi71, Caide and KashmirFlower like this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

We hosted Halloween parties a couple of times and then stopped because it was a ton of work. :facepalm:

We used to hand out candy when we had little kids on our street. After all of them grew up, we still had kids from other neighborhoods coming by so we carried on candying. One year, adults from other areas showed up. It was weird and a bit scary. After that, our whole street went dark. No more Halloween. :sob:

I miss the celebration sometimes. [​IMG]

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

We treat others as u say. Still never gottricked yet !

Halloween night is usually too cold. So I stopped accompanying kids. Not much decorations though

Amica likes this.
  4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Not much decorations inside the home, leave pumkin on driveway for few days, Carve and lit the pumpkin on the day of Halloween to let others know we are giving candy's away. DH stay home in costume ( same costume from the time we bought that) , We give branded packed ,good,big candies, we don't have much traffic anyways.

DD go with her friends, DS and I wear costume goes with neighbors to the neighborhood.
    Next day, they pick their favt candies and rest give to school who collects the left over candies.

Amica and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We stock up with candy from Costco, usually too much. I put out a few pumpkins on the porch and leave the porch light on. No costumes,but lots of kids come to see our dogs who enjoy the attention. We don't do anything special otherwise.

Amica likes this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Got some decorating items from dollar store, some window stickers, paper lantern with small bulb and spiders design on the paper lantern, and 2 pumpkin solar lights, I moving cat with solar panel, a clay scary house and 2 more hanging items all 12$ only. shopped and decorated together with my son, he enjoyed it, we went and saw outside after getting dark to see pumpkin solar light.
    (got decoration idea from @Rihana, thank you )

yet to get some chocolates / candy. and his costume. I see if i too can get some costume from target. will try to get big pumpkin and carving, interesting for kids.
    as it is friday, it would be nice if he gets a playdate after school, will speak with his friends moms.

7. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Usually light the house.. and leave it until Diwali..New Year.. We used to get candies and goodies for whomever come home.. DD also goes with her friends for Trick or Treat

Amica likes this.
  8. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Since my office has 70 % of British so I just decorate/ paint "d myself last time. Wasn't too excited but they made it sort of compulsory . Bought and expensive hat too !
    This year considering my size I dnt need any extra ornaments to look different !

Amica likes this.
  9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@jskls,

[​IMG]

jskls likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@JustAnotherMom, I tried carving pumpkins a couple times. It was messy and a big fail. We had to resort to using fake ones. :shakehead:

How long do they last, once carved?